PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bump-stops

kelvin
05/31/2007, 10:58 AM
My rear bump-stops have turned into petrified hockey pucks and are in need of replacement.

However, the folks at my auto supply place were less than helpfull at helping me find the part i need. Does anybody have a history of replacing these that can point me in the right direction?

also, i'm putting on my OME 912's next week... will a special bump stop or extenders be necessary?

JHarris1385
05/31/2007, 11:00 AM
independent4x is your friend.

ZEUS
05/31/2007, 11:23 AM
Here is my solution. I ordered the 4" poly bumpstop from Energy Suspension and attached it to the stock bumpstop bracket by drilling a hole and bolting it through. I am running the 912's also.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Bumpstop.JPG

kelvin
05/31/2007, 11:38 AM
awsome! thanx! i'll give 'em a call.

Ascinder
05/31/2007, 12:05 PM
You may want to change your front bumpstops to some energy suspension polyurethane types(the same type as the rear bumpstops) and go with the low profile version. Several people have done this here so they don't ride on their front stock bumpstops after lifting.

kelvin
05/31/2007, 12:30 PM
what are the odds that you have part #'s readily available......

Ascinder
05/31/2007, 01:53 PM
The odds are 100% in your favor. The part numbers are:9.9102R for red, or 9.9102G for black. Good luck lifting!

You can also go with the ultra low profile stops which are about half the height(3/8" vs. 11/16" thick) which are: 9.9132R for red or 9.9132G for black.

kelvin
05/31/2007, 02:03 PM
thanks!

not to be a pest... but why would i want either the tall, or low profile for either the front, or the rear?

also, i found this (http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/bsp2.html) and i just want to make sure i order correctly... did their part #'s change? or am i being paranoid?

ZEUS
05/31/2007, 02:10 PM
Cranking the t-bars to gain lift moves the A-arms closer toward the limit of their droop (downward travel). Adding low-profile bumpstops at that location in the front will allow more downward travel.

Ascinder
05/31/2007, 02:23 PM
thanks!

not to be a pest... but why would i want either the tall, or low profile for either the front, or the rear?

also, i found this and i just want to make sure i order correctly... did their part #'s change? or am i being paranoid?

No, you aren't being paranoid, I too believe in the double check before ordering theory. If you look at the top of the page you referenced in your link it says to add a R for red or G for black at the top right area of the page. Zeus is also totally correct as far the front bump stops go. When you lift the front, the A arms(those things attaching the wheel area to the frame) start to go at higher and higher angles the more you lift. On top of the upper A arm is a bolt which holds in your stock bump stop(which is underneath the upper A arm). Once you begin to lift, the angle can get so high that you are always contacting the stock bump stop. The lower the profile of bump stop, the more you can lift the front without contacting it. The flip side is that the lower profile you go, the less cushioning your ride had when the stop finally does contact. In my lift I raised the front approximately 4" or so, and used the low profile. In retrospect, I should have gone with the ultra low, but if you are doing the standard 3" lift or less, many people on this board have been just fine with the low profile version. Hope this helps.