PDA

View Full Version : headlight cover "crazing", coverd by warranty?

rx7tt95
05/21/2003, 02:47 PM
The clear plastic covers over the headlights have "crazing" marks, similar to what paint would have...small cracks in a criss cross pattern over a portion of the light. It's not from rocks/debris. It's fogging up the covers. Anyone have the same problem? Did you try to take it to the dealer? Thanks in advance.
Michel

Vasha13
05/21/2003, 05:02 PM
I have been told that it is UV damage and yes, I am having mine replaced under warranty (have had the car just about a year). The dealership already has them in, I just haven't had the time to go in yet.

Reg Hinnant
05/21/2003, 07:55 PM
Local dealer refused to replace mine. I have heard some have polished the crazing out with plastic polish but have not tried it yet.

2K1 1K2
05/21/2003, 08:02 PM
both of my headlight assemblies had a 'haze/flaky texture' on the upper part by the horns. both replaced under warranty (no questions asked) about 2 weeks after taking delivery of vehicle. bought it new.

paultvx
05/22/2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Reg Hinnant
Local dealer refused to replace mine. I have heard some have polished the crazing out with plastic polish but have not tried it yet.

It works.

http://www.carcareonline.com/detail.asp?product_id=10532

I didn't get it from there. It should be available from your local auto parts store.

Vasha13
05/22/2003, 05:43 AM
The dealer originally refused to replace mine as well but they at least buffed them out for me rather than telling me to do it myself. Then I went to a Houston meet and found out others had theirs replaced no problems and called my dealership back. After one conversation (okay, it was a little aggressive :) ), they ordered me brand-new headlights. Sometimes you just have to push a little. They also ordered me new windshield wipers (peeling), new headlight gaskets (falling apart), and a new hood insert (cracked).

lostemple
05/22/2003, 05:47 AM
Good for you Jen!!

Vasha13
05/22/2003, 07:55 AM
Well, what can I say? Sometimes I'm just persuasive. LOL
;Dp;

rx7tt95
05/22/2003, 08:44 AM
Cool, thanks for the info guys! Looks like I'm headed to my dealership today!