PDA

View Full Version : hyundai trying to steal the vehicross.

CoastieCosta567
05/27/2007, 04:31 PM
Hyundai is trying to steal the name of our VX.
It's the new Hyundai Veracruz, Come on "Veracruz" Vehicross, see the resemblence, HMMMMMMMMMMMM :mad: . :p

http://hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/veracruz/veracruz.aspx

cyronman
05/27/2007, 06:05 PM
wow, that thing looks borrriiing

tysamigo
05/27/2007, 06:50 PM
Are you f%*#&ng serious???

:(

IndianaVX
05/27/2007, 07:05 PM
yeah, once again, auto makers think they are comming up with something origonal.....
ive been hearing a commercial lately, i think its ford, has "cross" in its name....and the commercial goes on to say, " the worlds first crossover suv"

man......i think i just threw up a little..........lol

CoastieCosta567
05/27/2007, 07:51 PM
worse part of all this is, and believe it or not, it's when ever u say u have a Vehicross, i bet many will say oh is that the new Hyundai, or many will see the VX and see the Vehicross on the side and say, oh look it's the new Hyundai. Man it blows cuz i bet that will happend from now and and now we have to correct everbody and deffend ojur selfs from horror, lol. Its true i bet that will happend in like a 1 year or 2 or maybe less.

ZEUS
05/27/2007, 08:22 PM
Totally random and off the subject but I designed a car sometime in high school and wanted to give it a cool name. I checked the dictionary for something that popped out at me. This definition sealed it for me as the coolest name for a car "To make a statement without even saying a word." What word has that definition... Axiom! The Hyundai is one of those axioms... for me to POOP ON! :laughg:

Chopper
05/28/2007, 03:51 AM
I've had a Veracruz in the shop already. No mistaking these two. It's big, it's fat, and the cabin is fantastic. Were I to blindfold you and sit you in it,you'd think you were in a Lexus or some high end Benz. These guys are really on their game now. Watch out for the upcomming, rear-drive, V8, luxo sedan. Veracruz is a place, Vehicross is a made up word, to confuse these two vehicles, you'd have to be a complete moron. Wayne

CoastieCosta567
05/28/2007, 04:47 AM
Well i think many, and i mean MANY, don't know jake about cars and MANY i guess are morons when it comes to tell cars apart and names. Unless u are a vehical lover or a tech in any field in the car world, or even a cop, u will most likely not know alot about Vehicals. WE in the otherhand, love vehical, or things that move, even ladies(lol :p ), so we know alot about names and makes and stuff, i'm not a tech, just a Horsepawer lover, so i know about makes and names, but like i said, MANY don't and those who don't can't tell a Honda from Hyundai. Yeah it's that bad. but for those who can't tell wont know jack about names or makes or curves. if u'r like me, i can tell what kind of car it is by just the tail lights or headlights at night, well like 8-10 is a hit. And if u have a VX u know at least alittle more then the simple eye, cuz u have looked passed the Isuzu, passed the search for the consumer, and pass the whatever every 1 wants (ex. Camry, civic, F150, ect...) well u guys know what i mean. so enough of me just rambaling on an on. I just think many wont tell the 2 apart by just hearing about it or have a chat when if the subject comes up. it would take them 1st to see both next to each other to say "OHHHHHHHH OK". but thats what i think. I in the other hand can't tell anything apart when it comes to Computer stuff, so i guess I'm a Moron to those Comp. Techs, lol. well later all, just needed to say something before i leave, ciao, takes care all, :).

Chopper
05/28/2007, 05:47 AM
Totally random and off the subject but I designed a car sometime in high school and wanted to give it a cool name. I checked the dictionary for something that popped out at me. This definition sealed it for me as the coolest name for a car "To make a statement without even saying a word." What word has that definition... Axiom! The Hyundai is one of those axioms... for me to POOP ON! :laughg:
Would that be Occam's razor axiom??? (sorry, physics class flashback)

TexVeX
05/28/2007, 08:44 AM
I see a vague resemblance but its too distant to really be like the vx.

I can't believe Ford is getting away with saying they did the first crossover suv. Why aren't they being challenged on that? Is it a hybrid?

As for vehicle names, aren't many of them getting kind of, um, what adjective am I looking for here, oh maybe the kids today would call it "gay". My son and I have been making up bogus vehicle names for years to make fun of the silly names already out there. Some of them were Toyota Thingamajig, Volkwagon Whatchmacallit, GMC Gizmo, Ford Fiddlestick and my personal favorite, the Dodge Doohickey

Chopper
05/28/2007, 10:51 AM
As far as the first crossover suv... well the Suburban travelall goes back to the early 50's at least...the Jeepster would have a pretty good case as real first (50's)...but, Benz built the grandaddy of them all, a four wheel drive, all road, and non road capable, 3 or 4 ton monster before the first world war, for a German government official in southern Africa. Fords claim is dubious at best,but certainly not because of the Vehicross. I'm not sure if Isuzu invented the word crossover, but I'm certain they did not invent the concept.

Dino
05/28/2007, 11:05 AM
I think the VX is in a whole different category here.

You're talking about a Sport Utility Vehicle.

Our rides are Perfomance Utility Vehicles

Ford might be able to say their fluffy "first blah de blah SUV", but we all know we have the first true crossover PUV. It's all in the name!!!! ;)

Ldub
05/28/2007, 11:10 AM
If anyone is that easily confused by name or appearance, why would you care what their opinion is anyway ? :p

TexVeX
05/28/2007, 12:04 PM
I just dislike misleading and incorrect advertising. But now that you mention it, I really don't care what the uninformed think of my vehicle unless they are admiring it. :D

SUV, PUV; either way, the Vehicross is probably the only "sports car" I'll ever drive. ;)

VXD959
05/28/2007, 12:27 PM
C'mon guys! You know our beloved Vehicross if oftentimes mistaken by a RAV4, Santa Fe and the stinking Aztek...at least I haven't heard any comparison to a PT Cruiser yet.... ;eeko; ;eeko;

PHO2GR4
05/28/2007, 01:08 PM
My VX has actually been confused with a "shoe" - at least they said it looked like it was made by Nike...and a "frog". Even though it isn't green.

Oh well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I think my little Ebony is gorgeous!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/sundance2.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/sundance2.jpg)