PDA

View Full Version : front plate "cover"

Lori
05/21/2003, 08:17 AM
At the Atlanta/TN meet, it was pointed out that I am missing
the rubber cover that screws in to cover the holes on the front
license plate spot.

(In SC we don't believe in front license plates.)

I am looking to purchase one from someone who doesn't use theirs...

carlymac
05/23/2003, 07:04 AM
Hey Lori,
I know gruven was also missing his front license cover. You may want to PM him as he has the part number and just ordered a new one. He can tell you part#, price, etc...
Great to get your PM and hope to hear from you soon!

gruven
05/23/2003, 07:43 AM
For the search engine...
I was never able to find a part# for the front plate cover- Merlin@St. Charles searched but was not able to come up with anything either.
Moncha had an extra cover from his previous VX that he was kind enough to offer so my search ended there- sorry for no good news.

-gruven:supercool

Moncha
05/23/2003, 08:55 AM
Your part number is: 2-90310-940-0 I believe

Gruven, yours will be in the mail soon..

Spike
05/23/2003, 10:56 AM
Just curious.

My VX was bought in a state that used front plate.

We, here, in PA don't do such a thing.

Until I figure out exactly what I want on the front, one of those covers would look a lot nicer than metal bolt holes containing some corrosion staring at you....

Moncha
05/23/2003, 11:00 AM
Give St Charles (http://www.vehicross.info/links.php?op=visit&lid=11) a call and talk with Merlin. I'm not sure of cost.. I just ended up with 2 of the critters and Gruven get the extra one...

omegavx
08/14/2003, 08:54 PM
Bought my truck in NJ where they require front plates, I believe. Didn't notice the front didn't have it till I was back here and took the dealers little advertisment plate off. Since Indiana doesn't require front plates, is there any chance somone out there has an extra one or not using theirs? If not are we sure the above part number is correct? I'm willing to part with a pinky or a toe for it ;Dy;

paultvx
08/14/2003, 10:54 PM
Front plates are required here in Oregon as well, but I'm not using one. Haven't been harrassed yet for it. Basically, as long as you don't drive a bright colored sports car you won't get harrassed (been there done that).

Spike
08/14/2003, 10:58 PM
Good thing you dont have a Proton...

paultvx
08/14/2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Spike
Good thing you dont have a Proton...

Well, my modded VW was a ginster yellow GTI VR6. Pretty close to our proton yellow. Got a ticket from a county sheriff's deputy along I-5 for a black Dodge Ram crew cab doing 85 in a 55. Never had a ticket before and after that. Got pulled over once by a city motorcycle cop who claimed I was speeding (wasn't) but he couldn't prove it. Since he knew he really didn't have any grounds for pulling me over, he started to look over the car really good to find anything he could pin on me. Since I didn't have a front plate he harrassed em about that and the fact that I didn't have Oregon plates (moved from CA a week prior). After I had explained to him all the paperwork for new plates have been filed at the DMV (one block away from where he pulled me over) he still wanted to give me a lecture on not having Oregon plates. What a tool.

After the experience of owning a yellow car... I swore to never buy another. Now with my green VX, I've sped by cops and they don't even care. Yellow paint is a b*tch to match too. Pray that your Protons never go to the body shop.

Spike
08/15/2003, 12:13 AM
Whites are hard to match too...

omegavx
08/15/2003, 08:49 AM
Ok, so I called Merlin over at St Charles and he was very helpful. Was able to get the exact part and price within a matter of minutes. The part is infact 2-90310-940-0 as moncha provided and it normally costs $30.87, but with their online discount it was $26.24 with free shipping. With the limited amount I talked to him, it sounds like they have great service. I'll probably use them for all my part needs that aren't "immediate" and can wait on delivery.

Thanks for the part number on this moncha, made it 10 times easier I'm sure.

AnalogVX
08/15/2003, 11:16 AM
That's not a bad price.
IIRC there was someone that worked at a dealer and somehow "ended up" with a box full he was selling on VMag a while ago for about the same price with shipping. People were giving him crap for selling the parts back to VX owners that should have been with the truck from the beginning.
Sorry...just reminiscing :rolleyes:

paultvx
08/15/2003, 12:30 PM
Capitalism at its best. Ain't it grand?

AlaskaVX
08/15/2003, 02:06 PM
Just wanted to say that I get harrassed all the time about not having a front plate. It just became a law that you have to have a front plate here and I have gotten 3 tickets for it! I know they just want to know what kind of car it is, since every cop that pulls me over, right off says "Nice car! What is it? The reason I pulled you over is because you don't have a front plate" Its costed me about $300 now, so I finally got some new plates to throw on there.