PDA

View Full Version : VX lift problem, need help soon please?

CoastieCosta567
05/26/2007, 07:19 AM
when u get ur vx lifted and have not yet changed the tires, does ujr TOD start acting up, cuz it works perfect but the TOD light turns on and off really fast like every 1 or 2 or 5 min's. its that normal?

also when i drive over 50 mph and i let go the gas and the rpms go under 2,000 rpms it makes this weird rattle and noise under the back of my VX, and when it drops past 50 mph it stops. What could this be or mean? Is ti normal for such weird change or it just means i need to get the VX tires re-alined?

CrnCnn
05/26/2007, 07:28 AM
Mine makes a weird noise when I get above 65 and let off the gas. I haven’t pinpointed it yet another thread talked about it coming from the rear. An alignment probly wont help since mine has been aligned and I still get the issue. I am also curious because I never found an answer as to whether someone has resolved it. I almost think it’s the driveshaft.

CoastieCosta567
05/26/2007, 07:32 AM
thats what my father in law said, but i hope its nothing bad and wont hurt the VX. thank you , at least i know i'm not the only 1 but same time i wish i was cuz i hate to see others with the same issue.

Ldub
05/26/2007, 08:27 AM
From what I've read, unusual driveline niose isn't uncommon after lifting, I know mine has had a "whine" in the drive line since I've owned it (30,000+ miles on my watch) & it got louder since lifting.
Also, my TOD has gone seriously mental since larger tires & lift...pretty much normal from what I've seen in other posts. Mostly wack in low gear, then settles down. I know it's difficult, but slower acceleration helps. :rolleyes:
And DO get an alignment ASAP !!! I let mine go for too long & paid the price in accelerated tire wear.