PDA

View Full Version : Network Problems

Moncha
05/24/2007, 07:53 PM
The data center that our server is housed in has been having MAJOR network issues. I apologize for the inconveniences that this is causing. They are working very hard to get it fixed..

Thanks!!

Scott

nfpgasmask
05/24/2007, 08:19 PM
Come on man, you can't let this happen! I was REALLY bored at work today!

:p Bart

The data center that our server is housed in has been having MAJOR network issues. I apologize for the inconveniences that this is causing. They are working very hard to get it fixed..

Thanks!!

Scott

Moncha
05/24/2007, 08:22 PM
I told the geeks if they didn't fix it fast I was going to their local and put a gun to their forheads until it was fixed...

Be careful posting for a bit as I'm sure it will be somewhat unstable 'til I hear the final results.

jkstephens83
05/24/2007, 08:34 PM
it's nice to know our administrator is so passionate about ensuring we have great service. Thanks Moncha :)

Joe

IndianaVX
05/24/2007, 08:39 PM
man, i am glad we are still here. i was reallly getting bummed that we were going to loose the whole site or something, and have to start all over.
glad your on top of things scott.
thanks , as always, for the work you put into this place.
trying to update my paypal so i can send in my support! look for it soon!
thanks again bud
david

Knigh7s
05/24/2007, 08:47 PM
Come on man, you can't let this happen! I was REALLY bored at work today!

:p Bart

I second that!

I can't count the many times I hit Speed Dial on my Opera Browser hopeing that the site is backup!?!

ZEUS
05/24/2007, 09:17 PM
This hiccup confirmed I am an addict of Vehicross.info. I had withdrawals and everything! Thanks for the heads up Moncha.

Anita
05/24/2007, 10:32 PM
Its days like this when I miss vmag.com. We always had that back-up forum to go to when things like this happened. Like an emergency channel. Sure helps with the withdrawl symptoms when we cant reach our VX home.

CrnCnn
05/25/2007, 05:40 AM
Yeah I found myself searching Vehicross on yahoo and google just so I could read an article about it or something. :noo:

Dino
05/25/2007, 08:28 AM
I have a domain and some bandwidth from my former skateboard website. ( I used to make customs and sell em online ).

Anyway, I was thinking of a puting up a page for my VX and I could easily put up a simple, alternate forum.

I'll post a link if and when I do it. :cool:

nfpgasmask
05/25/2007, 08:32 AM
LOL, I did the same thing. Just for the heck of it I went on wikipedia and read the VX article on there....wow, maybe there is something wrong with us! :p :p :p :p

Bart

Yeah I found myself searching Vehicross on yahoo and google just so I could read an article about it or something. :noo:

MZ-N10
05/25/2007, 11:16 AM
I told the geeks if they didn't fix it fast I was going to their local and put a gun to their forheads until it was fixed...

Be careful posting for a bit as I'm sure it will be somewhat unstable 'til I hear the final results.

is that legal? :p :p :p

k4tmc
05/25/2007, 01:54 PM
How about just a generic e-mail to all users that the site is down, and then a followup e-mail when it is back up.

I assume that all users have an e-mail address on file.

Henry

Knigh7s
05/25/2007, 05:12 PM
I threw in a couple extra forums here (http://vx.lobbynetworks.net/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=56) if anyone would be interested.

WiSDoM
05/25/2007, 05:28 PM
i was like "hey man what the f*** finaly became a site supporter and when i woke up the site was down" jeeze made me feel like the first time I woke up and that sweet chic from the night before was gone :confused:

Moncha
05/25/2007, 05:51 PM
... i was reallly getting bummed that we were going to loose the whole site or something, and have to start all over.

I'm just glad that I do nightly back ups to my FTP server here at my house. That way, we don't loose everything. I would love to have an emergency notification system, I'll have to play with some ideas.

Hopefully, it won't happen again anytime soon. Kinda hard to predict hardware failures somes though.

Thanks for the options everybody has put out there.

cyronman
05/25/2007, 08:06 PM
The only thing about that is...
I check this site WAY more often than my Email!

How about just a generic e-mail to all users that the site is down, and then a followup e-mail when it is back up.

I assume that all users have an e-mail address on file.

Henry

Kenny
05/25/2007, 09:14 PM
whew. at least I'm not as crazy as i thought i was clicking on the site every 3 minutes all night till it was back. thought I had a real problem there...

TexVeX
05/26/2007, 05:05 PM

Me too. heheh :rolleyes: