PDA

View Full Version : DARPA VX in Austin Newspaper

Tone
05/24/2007, 05:56 AM
But only mentioned as an Isuzu. The guys that started this last year do it as a hobby after work (on the fringe) and had help from UT students this time but they're not true VX enthusiasts by any stretch.

Triathlete
05/24/2007, 10:02 PM
I saw it up close and personal (in its previous incarnation, they've made a few changes to get it ready for its next test) when they stopped by Tucson on one of their return trips. It is an anazing machine. They made it so it can be returned to its original form when they are done with it.

Techy-D
05/25/2007, 10:12 AM
I've seen the show on NOVA where they did the last run in the desert. (It's an old show and has been on a couple times in the last couple years) I didn't see this rig, but I could really get into that kind of stuff, It's right up my Alley!!!!!! I'd love to be able to build and design these things... Maybe Someday!!

I hear this next challenge is in a city environment instead of the Desert??

UPDATE (I just forced my eyes to read that smudged looking print in the article and it's about the urban challenge, that I've been hearing about!!!)

Triathlete
05/25/2007, 10:40 AM
Yep...Urban! That is why it has been reincarnated! They changed out some of the equipment and did some reprogramming.