PDA

View Full Version : 369.09

nfpgasmask
05/22/2007, 04:39 PM
:eek: I just added up all my gas reciepts from the Moab trip. $369.09, not counting what I might have paid in cash (can't remember).

OUCH.

Bart

TexVeX
05/22/2007, 05:51 PM
Wow. That's why I might not get to go next year. I can't justify the price of gas unless I get richer somehow.

CrnCnn
05/22/2007, 08:54 PM
Well from the excitement I got from just heading out with two other VXers here in Reno I would feel it was justifiable. I really want to go next year. It sounds like a blast. I think that even if you don’t take anything away particularly useful from that money at least it would be worth it for the memories and friendships you could make.

Just an opinion from someone who doesn’t have many friends and does his best to enjoy experiences.

VXIRONwoMAN
05/22/2007, 09:28 PM
If i had to pay $1,000 for gas i would. One week in Moab with about 20 of the greatest people i have ever met in my life is classified as priceless! I will do whatever is necessary to ensure that I am there next year.
For all you who see the price of gas as unjustifiable, just haven't had the Moab experience. It's like potato chips...once you start you can't stop! For those of you contemplating going...I was in your postition this year and was convinced by all these wonderful people that if I am even considering going to make it happen. And I am so glad I did! It was an experience of a lifetime and one that I will surely never forget. And I will be there every year I possibly can. It is worth the price of gas to do this. I couldn't have planned a better vacation myself. I love going to Hawaii but I would give up a month in Hawaii for 2 days in Moab with you people any day! So stop talking about thinking of going and just make it happen...You won't regret it!

Cece

nfpgasmask
05/22/2007, 11:04 PM
You said it! You should definitely go next year. Maybe all three of us Reno VXers can caravan. Totally worth the money!

Bart

Well from the excitement I got from just heading out with two other VXers here in Reno I would feel it was justifiable. I really want to go next year. It sounds like a blast. I think that even if you don’t take anything away particularly useful from that money at least it would be worth it for the memories and friendships you could make.

Just an opinion from someone who doesn’t have many friends and does his best to enjoy experiences.

Locomigo
05/23/2007, 06:53 AM
You did pretty well Bart, considering your distance.

Here's my tally.
$337.51 total fuel purchases
1700 miles driven (275 of which was off road ~70% of that was lo range)
102.661 gallons consumed
16.5 MPG, not too bad for a "stout little bitch" (funny story on that nickname, ask me later)
Highest rate paid - Glenwood Springs, CO $3.589 (Sunday return trip 5/20)
Lowest rate paid - Parker, CO $3.159 (Friday departure 5/11)

We are 350 miles from Moab, but the exploration really tacked the extra on. I didnt add up my incidentals (oil, tranny fluid, etc) That was ~$30.

Scott Harness
05/23/2007, 07:38 AM
Totally worth it!!! CeCe was right. The memories and friendships are priceless.You have to experience it.

nfpgasmask
05/23/2007, 08:23 AM
Yeah, just to make perfectly clear, this thread was started just as an "Oh my god, gas is rediculously expensive" thread and not a "It was so expensive to go to Moab, I don't know if it was worth it" thread. It was totally 100% worth it. :) Taking trips and seeing new places and creating new memories is worth every cent it costs. You can't beat it with a stick! And now I am hunched over my laptop again for another grueling 8 hours of IT support :waag:

Trust me, I would much rather spend 8 hours in my VX burning gas toward some cool destination.

:rotate: Bart

Locomigo
05/23/2007, 08:40 AM
Agreed. but even at those rates, fuel is still HALF of what it is in Europe. My buddy Steve (The Mayor) in the silver Rodeo has been over there for the past couple months, and was telling me about the fuel costs. So, it could be worse.

I cant think of a better way to have spent that $350.

BigSwede
05/23/2007, 02:32 PM
I purposedly did NOT keep receipts for gas...I don't want to know! :p

TexVeX
05/23/2007, 04:06 PM
I'm on a really tight budget till I get my parental loan paid off on the inlaws side. Mom said think of her part as getting some of my inheritance early. So I might get to go to Moab year after next. Who knows. Maybe by then someone will have socked it to the oil companies for being such arses, liars and cheaters on the politics of oil and gas prices. And gas could be cheaper by then, But I seriously doubt it. heheh

Kenny
05/23/2007, 06:04 PM
$717.94 for Gas (~3200 miles)

WORTH EVERY PENNY!

In Canada we're about $4.60 per gallon regular - $5.30 for premium.