PDA

View Full Version : doh! mirror fell off

etlsport
05/21/2007, 01:16 PM
while driving the other day with sound system turned up a little louder than necessary.. my rear view mirror fell off DOH! :_brickwal

anyway, theres still a black something left on the windshield, its like the thickness of piece of paper shaped like the mount of the mirror, i got the adhesive and all that i need, but not quite sure how to mount it all... i figure i cant let the adhesive set with the mirror attached to it, so at a meet the other day we got the base apart (little piece of metal shaped like a V with a C on the bottom of it) took 3 people to squeeze it together and pull it out to release the end piece, so im nervous that it will take that kind of effort to put it back together and ill break the adhesive again trying... is there a trick to it? or is it easier to put together than take apart? i dont really want to test putting it back together since it took 3 of us taking it apart, i dont want to get it stuck back together

JoFotoz
05/21/2007, 03:59 PM
Done it a few times...then remove the tape residue with lighter fluid.

jo

etlsport
08/20/2007, 09:02 AM
i figured out how to disconnect the mount from the mirror... turns out all you have to do is twist.. and it comes off pretty easily

Triathlete
08/20/2007, 10:05 AM
LDUB has some mirror attachment experience...

...oh, wait. Wrong mirror! ;Dy; :rotate: