PDA

View Full Version : I knew it would happen...New VX "Diablo"

VXD959
05/20/2007, 06:18 PM
Well...It only took a couple of days since I decided to get a "Diablo" badge for my VX when a guy coming out of AutoZone asked me: It's that a real Diablo? When did they come out? Is this a new model? :laugho: :laugho:

I did not have the guts and told him the truth...It's not really a "Diablo"...

I don't know if his face was of dissapointment...or shame.

Anyway, attached are some pics...A little ricey I think..but it adds another tale to the enigmatic and misterious Vehicross...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/diablo_007.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/diablo_007.jpg)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/diablo_008.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/diablo_008.jpg)

Triathlete
05/20/2007, 07:10 PM
You should of just looked at him and said..."Heres your sign".

TexVeX
05/21/2007, 06:56 AM
Funny. I would probably always have to be honest too, even if I started out jokingly playing along. But I am beginning to understand debadging now.

VXD959
05/21/2007, 07:56 AM
Yes, it's very funny the kind of questions/comments that you get...

BTW, today I was in my company's parking lot when a lady approached me and asked: What kind of vehicle is that?

Of course, I started telling her all the nice things I could remember about the VX (pride of ownership): from TOD to suspension, cladding, carbon fiber, recaro leather seats, off-road capabilities, uniqueness, numbers of manufactured vehicles, halo vehicle, etc...

I went on for about 5 minutes when she suddenly said.....

Oh, nice, but IT LOOKS LIKE A FROG! ;eekr; ;eekr;

Needless to say, I'm having a depressing morning at work... :_crying:

WormGod
05/21/2007, 07:58 AM
Someone previously badged their VX with all Ferrari badges and was instantly tagged as a "tool". My lips are sealed. :cool:

VXD959
05/21/2007, 08:59 AM
"Someone previously badged their VX with all Ferrari badges and was instantly tagged as a "tool". My lips are sealed."

WormGod,

I know. I will take it off as soon as I can find a decent badge. But I'm having fun with it right now. Besides, you cannot "compare" a Ferrari with a Lambo :p .

At least I did not put a CAMRY badge (BTW: I saw someone on the freeway that transposed the letter of the CAMRY badge and now it says "MYCAR").

I'm not kidding you: when I put the badge on, I was just waiting for someone to ask....I never expected it to be this soon....

I think I'm going to stay with the "NZNSI" badge.....

WormGod
05/21/2007, 10:38 AM
Heh, nah, dont get the wrong idea. I wasnt pinning you to the corkboard. I think its always fun playing with people's heads and I get a kick out of what REbadging does to some people. In the Ferrari guy's case, I think he was pretty serious about going for that look. Not sure I understand, but as long as he finds it suitable for his purposes.

Funny this popped up though cause I have a friend who has a hybrid and it just had some body work done from an accident. She asked them not to put the hybrid badge back on so they just gave it to her. We were joking around this weekend and I stuck it on my fender so it looked something like this....

3.5L
SUPERCHARGED
HYBRID

Hahahaha.... now THAT would make some people cock their heads to the side. ;)

TexVeX
05/21/2007, 10:44 AM
That "3.5 Liter Supercharged Hybrid" sounds great. Did you leave it there? I think it would be a fun joke to try.

PHO2GR4
05/21/2007, 01:21 PM
My VX is a hybrid...it runs on unleaded gas, but it also burns $20 bills.

Endless, crisp $20.00 bills.............

WormGod
05/21/2007, 07:38 PM
Nah, unfortunately the HYBRID decal was a little too big and would over door and cladding. What a funny badge to have for a car meet though. People would be like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.......?"

climbcovey
05/21/2007, 07:42 PM
Speaking of $20 bills..... I am curious, what are the gas prices around the US. It cost me $80 to fill up the other day At around $3.50 per gallon for premium here.

PHO2GR4
05/21/2007, 08:26 PM
Don't use premium. You are throwing money away.

The VX is tuned for regular unleaded. I used 85 octane on my roadtrip with no problems whatsoever.

Regular unleaded prices ranged from $2.99 to $3.45 depending on the state and the location...ie, near a highway in California = expensive, but in small towns in Oregon = cheap. Pretty cheap in Utah, too...like around $3.10/gallon. Of course, I mean "cheap" relative to the CA prices. 3000 miles, average 18 MPG, average $3.25 gallon = I probably spent close to $550 on gas for that Moab trip!

Getting out of Seattle for two weeks? PRICELESS.

rowhard
05/22/2007, 03:46 AM
Hey Eric, it burns plastic too,.... Visa, Mastercard, American Excuse, you name it

WormGod
05/22/2007, 07:27 AM
Pushing about $3.30 around here (DC/MD/VA) for 93oct. And unfortunately the VX is S/C'd and the Rex is T/C'd so I am stuck with the expensive stuff.

TexVeX
05/22/2007, 06:01 PM
It's been running between 2.87 and 3.00 here