PDA

View Full Version : Applying Decals/Badges

tysamigo
05/20/2007, 12:18 PM
I ordered some decals and badges from ebay that say Vehicross. I think many of you know what I'm talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300111631197#ebayphotohosting

So, what do I clean the door sills with to remove all of the years of armor all?

What do I clean the dashboard with so I can apply a decal there as well and same question for the seat headrests?

I don't want to use something that will discolor the leather or vinyl.

Thanks!

rowhard
05/20/2007, 02:45 PM
There are a number of things you can use to clean, depends on how much you want to spend. isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) will work. Since you want to do the sills, use a brush to clean it with followed by a paper towel. Good luck with the head rest. I found that there was not enough resistant in them to get a good adhesion but maybe you will be luckier.

don moore
07/19/2007, 01:19 PM
Hi I had a mazda mx5 miata 6 years and was in a local club here ..we got some ZOOM ZOOM stickers and i put then on the cars windows ,windshields and i put some on the back of the headrests ....i used windex to clean the hedrest first then put the stickers on ..then slowly ..I mean slowly used a hair dryer just to make them warm not hot for 5 mins ..it set the glue and stickers on good...to much youll burn the headset...
it stayed on for years ..I sold the car last year and the zoom zoom stickers were still on there .......hope that helps..

i did do a sticker ones on a car seat that had alot of armorall on them.
it worked but after i cleaned then but the armorall that was inside the seat .made the sticker look wavy after a month or two

Don (Sgt.ROCK)Moore
waiting for my VX to come in :)