PDA

View Full Version : Funny...

nfpgasmask
05/19/2007, 09:38 PM
We just went out to dinner and afterwards, we jumped in the VX and just as I started the engine, 2 guys came out of the restaurant and one of the guys pointed at the VX and said to the other guy, "Duuuuuude, there's like, TWO of those on the WHOLE planet!"

Linda and I just laughed, but its kinda true, in a way...

Anyway, just thought I would share that....

Bart

cyronman
05/20/2007, 02:25 AM
At least they knew what they were talking about

Spike
05/20/2007, 08:17 AM
We just went out to dinner and afterwards, we jumped in the VX and just as I started the engine, 2 guys came out of the restaurant and one of the guys pointed at the VX and said to the other guy, "Duuuuuude, there's like, TWO of those on the WHOLE planet!"

I would have walked over to them and asked if they knew where the 2nd one is!

Could be a non-member that needs recruiting...

VXIRONwoMAN
05/20/2007, 08:17 AM
Gotta love moments like those! At least they appreciated being in the presence of a VX...

Spike
05/20/2007, 08:27 AM
At our mini meet on friday nigtht, I saw this couple walking along a row of of Camaros, Vettes, Olds 442, etc, got to the end of the row where we had 4 VXs lined up. I heard the wife say, "WOW, Isuzu made THOSE?"

Good thing two of us still had Isuzu plates in our grilles.
ETL's just says CROSS and HotFlyer has an amber light.

Otherwise the comment might have been the typical "What the hell are those?"

We stayed later than most of the other cars, talking. As we all started up to drive off to grab a snack and a beer, I heard the DJ announce something like: "Hey, look at those guys!"

WyrreJ
05/26/2007, 01:46 AM
Nice Death Note avatar

nfpgasmask
05/29/2007, 02:34 PM
Nice! You got it! I was waiting for someone to identify Ryuk. Death Note is good stuff. I just watched the 2 live action movies. Pretty good. I liked them.

Bart

Nice Death Note avatar

Dino
05/29/2007, 06:41 PM
There's only three on Maui!

funny story

mdwyer
05/30/2007, 05:11 PM
There's only three on Maui!

Sometimes, I think half of them are in Colorado... Is there a Google Maps mashup somewhere that would plot the locations of all the VX owners?

jkstephens83
05/30/2007, 09:33 PM
I was driving to Target one afternoon and this car came up to pass me and as they are going by the girl in the passenger side leans out the window and exclaims, "What the F*$@ is that!?" Instant grin from ear to ear.

CrnCnn
05/30/2007, 10:15 PM
When I drive i get almost nothing, but when Cari drives she gets comments, questions and all kinds of looks. I have been told I look like an A-hole but come on. :_confused

nfpgasmask
05/30/2007, 10:20 PM
That's pretty damn funny. Who told you that you look like an a-hole?

:jump:

I spent 2 hours last night washing my VX and today she was all clean and purdy and I didn't get ANY comments. Maybe Reno is getting used to seeing my VX around and its loosing its local novelty! :(

Bart

When I drive i get almost nothing, but when Cari drives she gets comments, questions and all kinds of looks. I have been told I look like an A-hole but come on. :_confused

CrnCnn
05/30/2007, 10:22 PM
That's pretty damn funny. Who told you that you look like an a-hole?

:jump:

I spent 2 hours last night washing my VX and today she was all clean and purdy and I didn't get ANY comments. Maybe Reno is getting used to seeing my VX around and its loosing its local novelty! :(

Bart

A couple of guys I went to school with and some that I work with too.

Yeah I armor alled my cladding last night so it looks better but not up to par in my opinion.

nfpgasmask
05/31/2007, 08:34 AM
Have you tried Trim Shine yet? That stuff works great for me. I usually apply it every other week, or with every good washing. It darkens and shines my cladding up real nice. It even hides some of the hideous scratches I have acquired over the last few weeks.

My VX has taken a mild beating this summer with all the wheeling I have done. I put my rear seats back in (to accomodate guests) last weekend and also gave her a thorough cleaning. I think I will keep her out of the dirt for a while! :)

In your case, if the cladding doesn't shape up with anything, you may consider painting it. I think your truck would look sweet if you painted the cladding, hood insert and roof rails all black. If you decide to do it, let me know, I will come over and help out.

Bart

A couple of guys I went to school with and some that I work with too.

Yeah I armor alled my cladding last night so it looks better but not up to par in my opinion.

etlsport
05/31/2007, 11:57 AM
in my experience with that bondo crap..nothing was able to completely cover it.. i tried 4 different products (trim shine, mcguires, black again, turtle wax ice) i think mcguires did the best job hiding it, its not noticable at all anymore (close to a year later) right after a good coat of mcguires... after 2-3 weeks when the mcguires starts to wear off, it becomes visible again... that stuff is brutal :(

Ascinder
05/31/2007, 12:17 PM
In your case, if the cladding doesn't shape up with anything, you may consider painting it. I think your truck would look sweet if you painted the cladding, hood insert and roof rails all black. If you decide to do it, let me know, I will come over and help out.

Count me in for that too. I also agree with etlsport about the mcguires endurance. A pretty VX that smells like grape soda-priceless.

TexVeX
06/03/2007, 03:37 PM
I haven't had my VX long and it has rained just about every other day since I got it. I was wondering, does the Maguiars still wear off in three weeks when it doesn't rain, or can it make it to four? Just curious and kind of hoping I don't have to wait to find out on my own.

We just washed and waxed the VX yesterday, and of course did my cladding for the second time since getting it. Its out there in the driveway now all shiny and pretty and grape smelly in spite of the rain this morning.

The biggest jaw dropping reaction I have seen at my vx was when I showed a black guy I know who drives a sharp looking pimped up ride. In fact I could see my truck's reflection in his eyes. Except in the reflection, my truck was all pimped out looking. ;)

Ascinder
06/03/2007, 03:49 PM
My Meguiars coatings seem to last about a month, but, you will soon come to realize that the environment plays a big part in how long it stays good. If it rains, expect streaking and re-coating to follow. If you garage it, that plays an enormous factor in how long it lasts. Also, if it is very dusty and/or windy in your area, anything coated with it tends to have dust sticking to it at one point or another. I recommend a product referred to as a "California car wash" which is like a giant wand with what looks like a whole bunch of mop like strings hanging off of it. It really works well between washes to keep the cladding clean and dust free, and it won't hurt your paint. Also, you know that once you rub the Meguiars on, you should wait a bit and go over it with a clean rag or paper towel to suck up any excess. I know I really didn't think I needed to do that at first 'cause I thought I got it all the first time around, but it does make a big difference, and you won't have black residue on you paint after a few days, or as much grime clinging to your ride.

TexVeX
06/03/2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I got the california brush I think the second day I had the VX. And I did my Meguiars pretty much like you said except my lack of patience probably had me wiping the excess sooner than I should.