PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mat Woes

TexVeX
05/19/2007, 03:23 PM
I found out in one day that those $30 NOS floor mats are crappy. Less than 24 hours and pieces were already crumbling off the rubber. Too bad because the Red and black ones I got were so cool looking in the v-cross with my red and black interior.

Now I am disappointed and hung up on having cool looking red and black floor mats, but want better quality. I already took back the NOS ones from O'Reilly auto parts. I need tips now on finding something I will be satisfied with which will also be durable. Does anyone know if the Racing brand is just as bad? Or if you know of a good brand that makes really cool looking red and black, let me know. I want more than just a couple red stripes on the black.

I can't believe I am so hung up on this, but I just googled for over an hour and found nothing I liked excpt Red Racing Street Fighter design. But it looked like it might be as bad in quality as those NOS ones I got yesterday.

cyronman
05/19/2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp.aspx?ParentGroupId=1

TexVeX
05/19/2007, 04:14 PM
Nice, but not red and black. ;) Like I said, I am irrationally hung up on that now till I can get it out of my head, which might not happen. I am thinking hard right now on how I could possibly put a design on a black carpet one or something, but I dunno. I may go back and buy the cheapo ones I liked and just replace them when they wear out.

CoastieCosta567
05/19/2007, 05:13 PM
best floor mats are from a scion tc, i have those installed in mine, fits perfect, are very strong, looks awsome, they are carpet with alot of rubber but if u want to go camping or offroading, u simply take off the carpet and they turn all rubber for offroad wet use, if u are planing to go in and out of ur VX.

k4tmc
05/19/2007, 05:39 PM
Ditto on the Weathertech mats. They are very durable and help with sound deadening. Maybe they can do a custom set with red...might be worth a phone call...

Henry

WILLY
05/19/2007, 08:56 PM
I got mine from wally world! and they are great,all black rubber,one inch deep,and completely able to contain all the liquid that might get on the floor and only like 8 bucks ea. :)

TexVeX
05/20/2007, 01:46 PM
I found some! HOO-ray. heheh. Not really as cool looking as I wanted but in settling for less cool looking black and red, I think I have gotten both more durability and better functionality in trapping dirt and water. Not only that, they were also cheaper at Pepboys. Whoever it was kept mentioning that place in other threads led me to the right place. I got some other cool things I needed as well. Glad I went to Denton today.