PDA

View Full Version : T.O.D. switch

nospower42
05/18/2007, 05:20 AM
Has anyone found a way to switch the T.O.D. off so it is just two wheel drive,
and then switch back on so you get T.O.D.

ZEUS
05/18/2007, 06:13 AM
Do some searching my friend. But basically, even if you could switch off the TOD, or if you just unplug it, the front wheels are still touching the ground. That means the front tires will move the front axles, which will move the ring and pinion gears, which will move the front driveshaft... so you would not be mechanically disconnected anywhere. You could install locking hubs, but since there is no 2WD selection on the transfer case, there is no mechanical disconnect there either; so pretty much the same pieces move. You would need a different t-case, a TOD switch installed, and engagable hubs to make a true 2WD option.

CoastieCosta567
05/18/2007, 07:11 AM
Do some searching my friend. But basically, even if you could switch off the TOD, or if you just unplug it, the front wheels are still touching the ground. That means the front tires will move the front axles, which will move the ring and pinion gears, which will move the front driveshaft... so you would not be mechanically disconnected anywhere. You could install locking hubs, but since there is no 2WD selection on the transfer case, there is no mechanical disconnect there either; so pretty much the same pieces move. You would need a different t-case, a TOD switch installed, and engagable hubs to make a true 2WD option.

man ZEUS, u'r awsome, I love learning form the VX vets. i kinda knew something like that before, but the way u put it, man its just awsome, and i just learned something knew and importandt about my VX, thanks for your Info, :).