PDA

View Full Version : What springs are better, and also some info on what i've been doing to my VX.

CoastieCosta567
05/14/2007, 11:59 AM
Hey guys, i need to know whats the best springs for the VX, i see there 912's, 913's, 919's and 929's? whitch 1 of this are the best to get? and are they all the same hight or some have more inches? also 1 more ? if i order from rocky roads, how long will it take them to arrive to me? i leave in 2 weeks for basic training(boot camp) for the Coast Guard, and i just ordered the egr valve, platnam +4 spark plugs, pcv valve, new light bolts for almost all my front lights, GPS to finish my custom dash project Bimati didn't finish and sold it to me, and now i'm getting also the springs to finish 2nd step of lift. so i have 2 weeks to play with my Baby and do some nice touches to it. I would really like have the lift done before the 29th of this month. so how long u guys think it would take? this is my reason why i have not done alot to my VX, been saving and spending money on the wedding , oh by the way, i'm married, oh yeah, :), sorry had to include that in there, :). well please help me thank you guys, u all are the best.

uncle_asa
05/14/2007, 12:36 PM
Few digits:
Native free spring height for the VX and Trooper - 402 mm
Native free spring height for the Frontera/Rodeo - 389.5 mm
OME912 is designed to get 1" of lift for Trooper - 420 mm
OME913 is no lift replacement for Frontera - 390 mm

So, strictly speaking OME 913 will not give you any lift compared to brand new VX, it will just raise it to OEM specification!!! That's why no changes to shocks are required.

I looked under mine VX and what I saw was totally compressed bottom turns.

JoFotoz
05/14/2007, 03:13 PM
These thread links should get you started......

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1194&perpage=15&highlight=Lift&pagenumber=1

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2173&highlight=Lift

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3126&highlight=Lift

....now ya owe me yer lunch money...!!! ;)

jo

CoastieCosta567
05/14/2007, 07:10 PM
thanx guys, well i bought the 919's, has anybody here ever bought those? are the stiffer? and how much lift do they gain? ty guys again. :( here is all i got, $1.03 and a chulk. ;)

uncle_asa
05/15/2007, 07:33 AM
thanx guys, well i bought the 919's, has anybody here ever bought those? are the stiffer? and how much lift do they gain? ty guys again. :( here is all i got, $1.03 and a chulk. ;)
OME919 have 430 mm of free height, so you should end up with 1-1.5" lift compared to the new VX (not what you have ;)), I think.

CoastieCosta567
05/15/2007, 08:03 AM
what do u mean by the new VX? i'm confused :confused:

Ascinder
05/15/2007, 10:15 AM
He means a brand new, straight from the factory VX which hasn't had time to squash down the springs yet, compared to yours(ours too) VX which has been squishing the springs for 6-8 years now. Your springs probably won't be that stock height anymore, just like how some people have to turn a crank or so on their torsion bars to bring back the factory ride height.

CoastieCosta567
05/15/2007, 10:49 AM
oh ok, thank you. thats what i was thinking he meant. but whats the hight i will gain from the 919's? do anybody know.