PDA

View Full Version : Cool review of the VehiCross

Heraclid
05/18/2003, 12:43 PM
This little write-up made me proud to have a VX... thought you guys (and gals) may like taking a look. Great pics, too, especially the desert ones!

http://www.fourwheeler.com/roadtests/5034/index.html

coachreed
05/18/2003, 03:25 PM
Heck yeah! Thats a great article. They are indeed worthy! BTW, I think their "Not So Good" list was funny... all they could hack on was the tailgate... for those who don't go read it, here's what it says...

Not So Good-Four Wheeler
Not So Good: The tailgate of the Vehicross was a sticking point for our staff for several reasons. First, the spare tire blocks rearward visibility severely. Second, the tailgate-integrated spare is a space saver (165/90-17). And third, the tailgate always requires a key to open, and it has no grab handle to swing it open.

Two things refer to the spare tire and the third about "no grab handle" is wrong! lol In case some of you don't know, there IS a grab handle built into the tailgate just to the right of the license plate! Just wanted to point that out... all in all though, great review!

Coach... aka Randy!

VehiX
05/18/2003, 03:27 PM
Very nice write up on the VX :)

This is a sweet pic!!!!;eekb;

http://www.fourwheeler.com/fourwheeler/roadtests/p38377_image_large.jpg

Heraclid
05/18/2003, 08:42 PM
Yeah, that pic is my PC wallpaper now. :)

Heraclid
05/18/2003, 09:11 PM
What I'd like to see now is a comparison to the RAV-4, Kia Sorrento, Hyundai Santa Fe... you know, more similarly-sized vehicles.

The only thing that made the VehiCross place second with those testers seems to have been aesthetics, particularly interior. On a performance basis, it isn't even close (look at some of those charts and net scores). One thing about it though - it was competing against larger vehicles, so I'd expect it to stop quicker, for instance. Although the 'Cross is deceptively heavy. But I have heard it has a braking distance as good most anything on the road, so it would interesting to see the numbers for some other vehicles.

By the way, does anybody have any good info on safety for the VX? I've tried to hunt down some articles/reviews, but in some of the main publications the VX was never even tested and it is like they never existed. Are there any crash test numbers/results on these things anywhere? I did however dig up some used car info that rated it best in class, despite its gremlins we all know about. Not too shabby.

Navigator
05/19/2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Heraclid

By the way, does anybody have any good info on safety for the VX? I've tried to hunt down some articles/reviews, but in some of the main publications the VX was never even tested and it is like they never existed. Are there any crash test numbers/results on these things anywhere? I did however dig up some used car info that rated it best in class, despite its gremlins we all know about. Not too shabby....

Crash test data... Heck we've got survivors who went back and bought another VX :D I'll let them tell their own stories, or you can search on the topic. The VX is solid and safe, I do not know of any fatalities.

Navigator
05/19/2003, 06:21 AM
They have a picture of a guy with a walkie talkie on his hip opening the rear hatch with a key while using the DOOR HANDLE. Overall the article reflects well of the VX, but clearly they ignored there own facts with regards to the hatch handle.

zadam123
05/19/2003, 04:04 PM
WOW makes me proud to be a VX owner :)

adam