PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in Texas with questions

TexVeX
05/09/2007, 10:34 AM
I'm new here. Just wrote my intro on the intro thread. I don't have lots of online time for research so apologize if I am asking Q's that could be answered by the search feature. I couldn't find my answer quick enough.

Can a mechanic who has done a great job on my Isuzu, Rodeo, also do well with my Vcross(assuming I get it)? Or will he possibly have to do some self training before he can work on it? I plan to drive it by his shop after I get it to discuss this with him, but do want to wait till I have the vehicle before I mention it.

Also, has anyone done modifications that improve gas mileage? Is that even possible? I mean to make it better than it even was originally. What is the best gas mileage you all have gotten with yours?

Thanks.

nfpgasmask
05/09/2007, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty sure if you have a mech that is familiar with Isuzu Rodeos/Troopers, he should be good with your VehiCROSS. Most of the internals are shared among similar year Troops.

As for gas mileage, I would just make sure everything is running as clean as possible (i.e., new fuel filter, change oil to sythetics, K&N filter, new PCV, etc). I also recently ran a pint of Sea Foam through my gas tank, changed my fuel filter and added 3/4 of a pint of Sea Foam to my crank case 50 miles before an oil change and I think I am getting better mileage....but it might just be in my head. :)

Bart

I'm new here. Just wrote my intro on the intro thread. I don't have lots of online time for research so apologize if I am asking Q's that could be answered by the search feature. I couldn't find my answer quick enough.

Can a mechanic who has done a great job on my Isuzu, Rodeo, also do well with my Vcross(assuming I get it)? Or will he possibly have to do some self training before he can work on it? I plan to drive it by his shop after I get it to discuss this with him, but do want to wait till I have the vehicle before I mention it.

Also, has anyone done modifications that improve gas mileage? Is that even possible? I mean to make it better than it even was originally. What is the best gas mileage you all have gotten with yours?

Thanks.

TexVeX
05/09/2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks. Hopefully it will not be a problem for him, since we live over 60 miles from the nearest Isuzu dealer.

I thought of another question: What model is mine? Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160113949272&rd=1&rd=1) is the auction it was listed on.

geshaw30
05/09/2007, 11:48 AM
An ebony. As you might have already surmised there were only three years of production sent to the U.S....'99, '00, '01. The only real difference between the '99 you're looking at and the other two years is you are going with smaller tires (16") by two inches and the latter 2 years have improved climate control systems. Other than that they're the same rides

You hit the nail on the head by mentioning the search function. Everything you will ever need is in there but it does take time to get through it all if you're looking for general information. But If you have questions and want "face to face" answers from owners who have been here a looooong time feel free to stop by and meet with us in Houston on the 2nd of June. It is the "unofficial" largest Texas gathering.

Welcome

TexVeX
05/09/2007, 04:26 PM
I'd love to come to Houston, but I doubt I can. I live north of Dallas and with Gas prices on the rise and my fiance's son coming this summer, I doubt I can make it this year. But maybe next time or when, if ever there is a gathering nearer to the center of Texas.

So then aking for model is just asking for their colors basically? Yeah, I had already researched how few there are and that made it all the more attractive to me. I am willing to bet that if I get mine it will be the only one in Grayson county. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for sightings now though.

Hey, Where can I find that van eyes stuff? I haven't even been successful googling it yet and no store around here has it.

Ldub
05/09/2007, 06:51 PM
Hey, Where can I find that van eyes stuff? I haven't even been successful googling it yet and no store around here has it.

Welcome to the addiction. :)

The "van eyes stuff" should be available at places that sell RV's or conversion vans.

djkymar
05/09/2007, 07:46 PM
from that ebay link and pictures there looks like the ABS light is on so you might wanna check it.
Welcome to the community!!!

TexVeX
05/12/2007, 06:52 AM
Supposedly the dealer's mechanic has checked that since we test drove it. I suppose I will see for sure when we go pick it up Monday or Tuesday.