PDA

View Full Version : Axle curse

Bimati
05/09/2007, 05:02 AM
For those of you who have been following my Axle saga, it keeps getting better....look for the novel to be released in early 2008:

After ordering OEM axles at $750 per side, cancelling the order in favor of a parts house online, having them take my money and not provide axles, following a link here directed me to a salvage VX with axles. I ordered them last week!!!! WoooHooo!!!!!!!!

UPS calls last night at 9 pm and says, "We have some axles here that were damaged in transit and you'll want to file a claim."

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I need a hug.

PS: The VX officially rolled 100K yesterday, but I figure it's probably more like 105K road miles with the lift/wheels/tires.

On the bright side, my drive to work this morning caused the usual number of rubber neckers pointing and gawking at the VX. I love my car.

Bim

biju
05/09/2007, 06:00 AM
that sux. i also have a love/hate relationship with the man in the big brown van.

i love it when he brings me packages. i hate when he doesn't because something happened to the package.

wonder what they did to damage axles?

how will this affect your trip to ut?

-b.

Triathlete
05/09/2007, 08:46 AM
How in the world do you "damage" big chuncks of steel? :_confused

Ascinder
05/09/2007, 08:50 AM
Personally, I have been working at UPS for the last seven years, and there isn't a lot we don't do to damage your various shipped goods. Trust me, if you saw what happens to packages at UPS, Fedex,USPS or DHL on a regular basis, you would have a lot more respect for the hardships that a simple cardboard box endures to protect your stuff from us. Trust me, this morning I saw a customer who must have learned the lesson the hard way and had built a steel exoskeleton frame around his or her box so it wouldn't get so damaged, I know that sounds like BS, but it is unfortunately very, very true.

Triathlete
05/09/2007, 08:57 AM
Oh, trust me, I know! My daughter works on the UPS "complaint line". I hear some good stories!

WILLY
05/09/2007, 07:49 PM
There is just too many packages to move in a small amount of time to give 2 craps. :confused:

Bimati
05/10/2007, 03:34 AM
How in the world do you "damage" big chuncks of steel? :_confused

Ha...that was my thought. They emailed me pics, and everything is pretty ugly....I'd like to see a show on the discovery channel about package handling and how in the h*ll you can damage steel bars in a box between Kentucky and Colorado...we'll see what happens!

As long as chicks keep digging scars, life is good.

Bim