PDA

View Full Version : Son of a Gun protectant

Heraclid
05/18/2003, 11:03 AM
Okay, I've read buildup can become a problem with some of the spray protectants we use on our cladding. Since a few of us use Son of a Gun, can anyone tell me if this has ever been a problem with their product, and if so, how often is too often? I guess I'm doing this once a week plus a couple of light touch-ups per week too. Wouldn't have to do it quite as often, but I like the wet look on it. Last night I could see my reflection in the plastic under the grill. :) I love the stuff and and it's real easy to use. Anyway, used to have some rubber and plastic degradation problems on my former car, so I'm trying real hard to baby the VX to prevent the same. Also keeping it garaged when at home (but can't be out of the sun when parked at work). Hmmm.... I should change jobs, but then again I hate leaves from shade trees in every nook of my car too. :)

- s a i n t -
05/19/2003, 05:51 PM
I've used Son of a Gun for a couple of years and haven't had any problems. I don't, however, apply it as often as you. I'd say I use it once/month.

- s a i n t -

Heraclid
05/19/2003, 06:10 PM
I'm sure I'll moderate it a bit, but it's pretty new to me right now, so I baby it too much I guess. :)