PDA

View Full Version : FS: Wheels and Tires

rowhard
05/05/2007, 11:40 AM
For Sale: A full set of 18 inch VX wheels. Yes, they have chrome peeling, whats new. Also have a full set of HT's. One pair has about 1k miles and the other pair have 3k miles. Would like to see $800.00 + shipping

CoastieCosta567
05/05/2007, 09:05 PM
sorry to say this bro, but for that price, u can get some really nice rims and ok tires or some offroad rims and nice tires brand new, i suggest if u want to sell it, lower tthe price down alot and include shipping, or sell on ebay, cuz man u are talking about over $1,000 for old rims and tires. I'm just helping u out bro and i'm pretty sure many think the same way, so don't take it personal.

rowhard
05/05/2007, 10:39 PM
costie, I'm not your bro, okay

CoastieCosta567
05/06/2007, 01:00 AM
Man, u took it hard, and personal, chill the F*^& out. i was just saying thats way 2 much for old stuff. but thats what i think. u are almost 60 years old and u need to grow the F&%^ Up man, gosh i thought in life many would learn to take advise or some1's openion espacally after being here on the planet for 60 years, if you don't like what i said just brush it off, So Just Chill out, "OK BRO ;) " Actually I'm sorry, heres a Flower for you :flower: , I hope that will cheer you up ;Do; .

etlsport
05/06/2007, 01:03 PM
costie.. there was just a set of 18s with newish tires like that sold for either 850 or 900... i dont see a problem with his price? :confused: also i dunno where you buy your tires.. but just for a set of stock tires.. youre looking at 500-600 and good luck tryin to find a set of stock 18's for sale anywhere else

VCrossfan
05/06/2007, 01:20 PM
8 Items $100.00 a piece...seems fair to me...

Ldub
05/06/2007, 01:28 PM
Man, u took it hard, and personal, chill the F*^& out. i was just saying thats way 2 much for old stuff. but thats what i think. u are almost 60 years old and u need to grow the F&%^ Up man, gosh i thought in life many would learn to take advise or some1's openion espacally after being here on the planet for 60 years, if you don't like what i said just brush it off, So Just Chill out, "OK BRO ;) " Actually I'm sorry, heres a Flower for you :flower: , I hope that will cheer you up ;Do; .

Reality check grasshopper...you're the one who needs some "ageing"...grown men are able to form sentences, spell words & articulate thoughts without the use of faux profanity or personal attack on the other persons age, race, religion, etc.
Next time post BEFORE you crack your first beer. ;)

And no, I'm not claiming to be perfect, everyone knows I've made my fair share of blunders. (and then some) :rolleyes:

Just chalk this up as friendly advice. :cool:

WormGod
05/07/2007, 07:28 AM
Damn, I would buy those up in a sec, but I dont want to deal with S/H. I need some winter shoes and socks for my VX, heh.

Were I closer, I would love to take them off your hands. :(

IndianaVX
05/07/2007, 04:23 PM
I saw this, and thought it was about as close to a steal as a person could get!
I too would hop on them, but got alot going on right now, and dont need to spend my money on wheels.

david

MZ-N10
05/07/2007, 11:44 PM
i duno im on the same boat as costie......500 could get u new rims and tires are around 150 a peice, tats 1100 for new.....

come on now...theres no need for flaming

rowhard
05/08/2007, 02:38 AM
As I said, would like to see but all reasonable offers will be considered

WormGod
05/08/2007, 07:48 AM
i duno im on the same boat as costie......500 could get u new rims and tires are around 150 a peice, tats 1100 for new.....

come on now...theres no need for flaming

You show me a wheel for $150, and I will show you junk, haha (as if the stocks arent).

I easily spend $2500 everytime I get wheels and tires. I guess thats why I see this as a steal. :confused:

nfpgasmask
05/08/2007, 08:29 AM
I think it all depends on what you are looking at. A new set of American Racing Chambers coated with Teflon and a set of BFG A/T will run you $1600 new.

So, half that price for a set of nice stock rims and nearly new tires is not a bad deal. If you want to cheap out, sure, you can get rims and tires for $500 bucks. But we ain't driving Hyundais here.

I just sold my set of stock 18" chromes with a set of BFG G-Force street rubbers with less than 10k miles on them for $700. That is only $100 less than what Roward is asking here. I wanted $1000. But I wanted to get them outta my garage and make a little money more than anything. I made a comprimise to get these outta my way.

Shipping on a full set of rims and tires ain't cheap, and that's what killed it for me. But that was my decision. I did consider keeping them or at least holding out until I got at least $900 in my pocket. But that would mean $1100 out of pocket for the buyer, and more time with these taking up space in my crowded garage, so you see why I ended up selling for less.

It just depends on how bad the seller wants to sell, and/or how bad the buyer wants them, and of course, shipping. Anyway, what I am saying, is that $800 is a very fair price....

Bart

rowhard
05/08/2007, 01:05 PM
Thank you Bart and all for your input on this. I did go by FedEx to get them weighed so I could quote correctly. Maybe it will be someone on the left coast and it won't cost so much.

Don't care for them, but if I can come up with a GOOD QUALITY adapter ring, might just put them on my truck since it needs new shoes anyway. It is driven about once a month if that and only to Lowes/Home Dpot or to take trash to the dump, so am not real concerned about using them if done correctly.

IndianaVX
05/08/2007, 05:58 PM
i think also that yes, there are other rims out there, but what rowhard has are the STOCK RIMS. im still in the "its a bargin" boat:)

rowhard
05/10/2007, 02:49 PM
Okay, how about 650.00 plus shipping

JHarris1385
05/10/2007, 03:02 PM
wow, thats tempting even for me. That would make 7 for me.