PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter

nfpgasmask
05/03/2007, 07:40 AM
Hey everyone, I am planning to change my fuel filter this weekend. I am going to follow the below steps.

6 Steps to fuel filter change (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=1673&highlight=fuel+filter)

Anyone have any more input for me? Or does the above cover just about everything I need to know?

Thanks - Bart

Ldub
05/03/2007, 07:46 AM
Looks pretty complete to me...as long as you read down to the part where safety glasses are recommended.
Also, I replaced the stock bolt on the filter bracket with a stainless steel one from the local hardware...but I'm kinda weird when it comes to stainless. :rolleyes:

nfpgasmask
05/03/2007, 07:52 AM
Cool meng, thanks. I always wear my goggles under my VX, all it takes is one chunk of dried mud to fall into your eyes and you'll be wearing goggles every time!

Once, when I was back living in Chicago, I was changing a lightbulb in an old basement. My knuckle scraped the ceiling a little and some old, moldy paint dropped down into one of my eyes. The next morning, I woke up with pink eye. So, you should always wear protective eyewear, even if you are just changing a light bulb.... :p

Bart

Looks pretty complete to me...as long as you read down to the part where safety glasses are recommended.
Also, I replaced the stock bolt on the filter bracket with a stainless steel one from the local hardware...but I'm kinda weird when it comes to stainless. :rolleyes:

etlsport
05/03/2007, 10:07 AM
looks good to me.. one thing i did before i got under the vx was take a big fat marker and drew an arrow on the filter towards the front so that i didnt have to try to read the small writing on it while laying under the vx

when i replaced mine i guess it had been a long time, the hoses were really stuck, i had to pull really hard, when the first one came loose i actually thought i had pulled the stem out of the filter... i didnt though

nfpgasmask
05/03/2007, 10:18 AM
Cool, good idea. I definitely don't want that in backwards....

:)
Thanks - Bart

looks good to me.. one thing i did before i got under the vx was take a big fat marker and drew an arrow on the filter towards the front so that i didnt have to try to read the small writing on it while laying under the vx

when i replaced mine i guess it had been a long time, the hoses were really stuck, i had to pull really hard, when the first one came loose i actually thought i had pulled the stem out of the filter... i didnt though

Kenny
05/03/2007, 11:01 AM
...but I'm kinda weird when it comes to stainless. :rolleyes:

WHAT!? Say it ain't so!

uhm, ditto.. :( Me likey stainless too.
Too bad it likes to loosen up without dope.(on the threads) :p

Chopper
05/03/2007, 05:10 PM
I think you can eliminate most of these steps with a couple of golf tees... oh yeah... I generally put my cigarette down...usually :p

nfpgasmask
05/03/2007, 05:36 PM
Golf tees, damn, don't have any of those laying around (yuppie sport, not for me). :)

OK, so I picked up a FRAM fuel filter, should be ok right?

And I just changed the oil. VX purring like a kitten. While under there, I snapped this shot, just to make sure, this is the fuel filter, right?

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/fuelfilter.jpg

Thanks - Bart

Kenny
05/03/2007, 06:28 PM
Golf tees, damn, don't have any of those laying around (yuppie sport, not for me). :)

OK, so I picked up a FRAM fuel filter, should be ok right?

And I just changed the oil. VX purring like a kitten. While under there, I snapped this shot, just to make sure, this is the fuel filter, right?

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/fuelfilter.jpg

Thanks - Bart

Nope, that's your transmission.

biju
05/03/2007, 06:44 PM
WHAT!? Say it ain't so!

uhm, ditto.. :( Me likey stainless too.
Too bad it likes to loosen up without dope.(on the threads) :p
Did somebody say 'dope'?

lol.

-biju.

WILLY
05/03/2007, 08:10 PM
O My Whats That?

nfpgasmask
05/04/2007, 09:15 AM
OK, what do you mean, trasmission? If this isn't it, can someone help me out?

Thanks - Bart

Nope, that's your transmission.

Ldub
05/04/2007, 09:24 AM
Kenny was being funny...must have been a "Molson moment" :rolleyes:

Yes, that's it.

nfpgasmask
05/04/2007, 09:39 AM
OK good, that's what I thought. And Kenny, that was funny....thanks.

Bart

Kenny was being funny...must have been a "Molson moment" :rolleyes:

Yes, that's it.

Kenny
05/04/2007, 12:26 PM
OK good, that's what I thought. And Kenny, that was funny....thanks.

Bart

Sorry to confuse you man :o , Ldub was right. I have a defective sarcasm gene - it gets me into trouble. I gotta learn to use the smiley faces more when I'm pulling someone's leg...

nfpgasmask
05/04/2007, 12:37 PM
That's cool man, I figured you were pulling my leg, but I have a defective paranoia gene that I need to work on.

:Bart

Sorry to confuse you man :o , Ldub was right. I have a defective sarcasm gene - it gets me into trouble. I gotta learn to use the smiley faces more when I'm pulling someone's leg...