PDA

View Full Version : HELP With Decision (PLEASE)

DeBest1
04/30/2007, 10:21 AM
I have a decision to make that I hope I can get some opinions on quickly. I have found two Vx's and don't know which way to go.

The first is a silver 2001 with about 45k miles in excellent shape
The second is a 2000 Ironman with about 85k miles in good to excellent shape

The Ironman is about $750 more than the silver. I have always liked the Ironman edition but I'm a little reluctant because of the miles. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ascinder
04/30/2007, 11:15 AM
I have an Ironman and love it, but for more miles and a higher price, I'm afraid even I would turn traitor and go silver. If the Ironman comes with the roof rack though, that is something that might turn out to be a tie breaker. Also what about the overall conditions of both vehicles and the owners. I don't know about you, but I would think the driving habits and ownership habits(maintenance, etc) of people play a great part in how well a vehicle holds up.

nfpgasmask
04/30/2007, 11:17 AM
It all depends on how bad you want the color. If it was me, choosing between a silver with lower miles and an ebony with higher miles, but both appeared to be in excellent, well maintained shape, I would go with the ebony. But, there is a lot to be said for less miles. You might consider searching around a little more, if you have the time. I'm sure you could find a perfect IronMan with lower miles....

Bart

I have a decision to make that I hope I can get some opinions on quickly. I have found two Vx's and don't know which way to go.

The first is a silver 2001 with about 45k miles in excellent shape
The second is a 2000 Ironman with about 85k miles in good to excellent shape

The Ironman is about $750 more than the silver. I have always liked the Ironman edition but I'm a little reluctant because of the miles. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

DeBest1
04/30/2007, 11:24 AM
I failed to mention these are both at Dealerships so I have no idea who previously owned them.

VCrossfan
04/30/2007, 11:35 AM
Lower Miles, A year newer, better condition and cheaper...The 01

Ascinder
04/30/2007, 11:40 AM
It seems fairly obvious that the silver is 1:In better shape, 2:Costs less, 3:Has almost half the miles, 4:Is a year younger. Unless you absolutely have to have red/orange seats, you can buy a vinyl ironman sticker at most sign shops for real cheap, and a roof rack on here for around $400-$450 or so. To me the wear and tear you are going to save alone would be worth it to go with the silver, considering parts are not A:cheap, and B:readily available in general. With a vehicle this rare, you need all the help you can get. Another thing to consider from the aesthetic side is that with a grey/black interior, it matches the outside of a silver a lot better. I am fine with my reddish orange interior, but some people really aren't too fond of the more "sporty" look.

Anita
04/30/2007, 01:21 PM
Be sure to:
Check those windows, examine the hood insert for cracks, check the radio and cd player (!), check heat, air and automatic temp control, this might sound strange but check the oil level (someone here almost bought a VX that had dry dipstick from a dealer). Oh, and carfax to see if there is any recorded accidents.

... silver

Chopper
04/30/2007, 03:30 PM
silver... all other things being equal.

JHarris1385
04/30/2007, 03:48 PM
2000 IronMan with the SONY explode upgraded speakers???

WormGod
04/30/2007, 10:25 PM
Do any of them come with the Limited Edition ISUZU Factory Shovel? If so, GET IT!

Ldub
05/01/2007, 05:58 AM
Silvr...+