PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: You to contact me.

biju
04/27/2007, 07:11 AM
throwing it out there to ANYBODY who has their finger on the pulse of a salvage VX in their area... PLEASE CONTACT ME.

i need your assistance in securing a part or two.

thanks.

-biju.

biju
04/27/2007, 08:42 AM
dupe: but worth posting here...

thanks to those who've pinged me thus far. the three vx's i've followed up on are crushed.

wow. our whips are a dying breed...

-biju.

Bimati
04/27/2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry for the thread hijack, Beej....see you Saturday!

I still need axles too......otherwise mine might be the salvage VX you're looking for... :eek:

Bim

nfpgasmask
04/27/2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah, we might all truly be ghost ridin' in the near future...

Bart

biju
04/27/2007, 09:09 AM

I still need axles too......otherwise mine might be the salvage VX you're looking for... :eek:

Bim
Bim,

yes, indeed. i'd like to thank you publically for agreeing to come over this weekend to assist a mechanical gimp with his VX!

on the axle front... the salvage yard locally that had a vx carcass (pre-crushing) did take off most of the larger/more valuable parts. I PM'd ya the info in case they have the axles...

i wonder what the true VX numbers are now... how many alive, how many are RIP. Be careful out there peeps!

-biju.

CoastieCosta567
04/27/2007, 03:41 PM
I'm really scared, like a horrer movie come to life, i drive so carefule now, and i get so mad when i have some1 behind me like only 10 feet from me, i get really mad, and i drive like 20-30 feet from the person infront of me. i Just can't wait to move out of here and go to a safer smaller town and buy me a bike, that way the VX will be for only meets, taking offroad, trips and when i really need it cuz of the weather conditions, but onther then that, i really want to have my VX relaxing for the rest if its life on this planet as long as i can keep it that way. it just hit 120,000 miles and runs perfect engine rehould and stuff, so its ready to chill for a while.

nfpgasmask
04/27/2007, 04:23 PM
In the past week I have had 2 nightmares about the demise of my VX. Paranoid, very, very paranoid.

Bart

Mark Miller
04/27/2007, 05:56 PM
I can buy salvage vehicles.
I've been watching out for them to go through the national auctions.
I'll keep you all posted when one is going thru.

Raque Thomas
04/27/2007, 06:59 PM
www.bairdsautoparts.com they show that they have a '99 and a '00. Fairly close to me, but banker's hours - tough for me to get to during their hours. But if you want me to check it out, let me know and I'll see if I can get there. Not a "U-Pick" lot, I don't think.

psychos2
04/27/2007, 07:40 PM

Bim

Sorry about that bad link.Looked like a legite site. But I just looked on the autozone website and they have them for $99.99 each with a $50 core charge. Do you have any near you? If not shipping is free. And I know the site is legite. Sorry again. shawn

CoastieCosta567
04/27/2007, 09:40 PM
I still need axles too
Bim

Bimati, have u looked at troopers axles and axioms and rodeos? i'm sure some other isuzu makes are have the same axles if they are 4wd.

Bimati
04/28/2007, 03:52 AM
Sorry about that bad link.Looked like a legite site. But I just looked on the autozone website and they have them for $99.99 each with a $50 core charge. Do you have any near you? If not shipping is free. And I know the site is legite. Sorry again. shawn

No problem, Shawn...just part of the hunt...I'll check out autozone. I think the problem is going to be that for "regular" vehicles, you can order the axles and do the core swap. When I tell them it's a Vehicross, they can't get any axles for me to purchase.

Costie: I was told that VX axles are unique to the VX (but the differential is shared). If anyone knows of other axles that will definitely work, let me know.

Beej: That place you PM'd me said the axles are long gone. Nice guy though.

Bim

psychos2
04/28/2007, 06:32 AM
No problem, Shawn...just part of the hunt...I'll check out autozone. I think the problem is going to be that for "regular" vehicles, you can order the axles and do the core swap. When I tell them it's a Vehicross, they can't get any axles for me to purchase.

Costie: I was told that VX axles are unique to the VX (but the differential is shared). If anyone knows of other axles that will definitely work, let me know.

Beej: That place you PM'd me said the axles are long gone. Nice guy though.

Bim

I looked them up for the vehicross. With the core charge they must be rebuilt. I would think the guts are the same , even if the axles are different. They are one of the big auto parts stores up here. I think you will be suprised that they have them. shawn

jims585
04/28/2007, 08:47 PM
check ebay axles at isuzu vehicross parts buy it know store///

Bimati
04/30/2007, 09:50 AM
www.bairdsautoparts.com they show that they have a '99 and a '00. Fairly close to me, but banker's hours - tough for me to get to during their hours. But if you want me to check it out, let me know and I'll see if I can get there. Not a "U-Pick" lot, I don't think.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Raque! Bairds had the axles and they're shipping tomorrow!!!!!

Don't think they'll be on for Moab, but I'm X-cited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bim

biju
04/30/2007, 10:06 AM
good to hear, bim!

-biju.

biju
05/03/2007, 11:36 AM
This place rocks! Thanks all who contacted (email/PM'd) me!

I found a junker that had my parts! Let the good times roll...

-biju.

etlsport
05/03/2007, 11:40 AM
biju.. share the wealth once you get your stuff! im lookin for a couple pieces

biju
05/03/2007, 11:54 AM
biju.. share the wealth once you get your stuff! im lookin for a couple pieces

Sure thing! www.car-parts.com

Here's the places I found:

countyline (http://www.countylineautoparts.com/)
brandy brow (http://www.brandybrowauto.com/)

now, some advice.

don't waste any time. vx's are being crushed often.
if they still have the vehicle ( and not just its guts ) schmoooze them. 99.9% of the time if they can't find it in the computer, they'll just say 'NO, we don't have that.' You have to politely ask them to step away from the computer and actually GO LOOK at the vehicle for the part.
If told 'no', call back a few days later and hope you get a different person who's willing to truly assist you. salvage folk. they're an irritable breed.

-biju.

pbkid
05/03/2007, 01:58 PM
hey just throwing it out there since you guys seem to be looking for quite a few parts...im willing to sell whats left of my VX after the Yukon and the motor blowing....if anyone wanted to buy it and make some money parting it out it would be perfect....i just dont have the time to take the parts off one by one...
just saying that i have a VX with all the parts you guys need, but i dont wanna pull it apart. just wanna get some cash for a down payment on something new..

Bimati
05/04/2007, 05:37 AM
PB....PBing you.

Bim