PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Schedule

tysamigo
04/25/2007, 10:03 PM
I purchased the Service Isuzu Manual (3 volumes) and it has a Maintenance Schedule List that I will follow throughout. I was wondering, however, are there any other maintenance items I should also add that is not listed in this book such as the "window lubrication" or any other weird or item that is not officially mentioned?

Has anyone comprised of or is using a VX Maintenance List on their computer in something like excel or something similar? My intentions were making and using one but only if it has not been made yet.

tanx :)

Francesco Rizzo
04/26/2007, 06:24 AM
off subject, but how much did that run? isuzu here in orlando wanted like 170 or so, and added that it had to be printed to order.

etlsport
04/26/2007, 06:44 AM
i would add lubricating windows to the list for sure... i do mine once every 2 months or so.. probably dont need to do it that often.. but its easy and cheap so why not... other things i would add to the schedule (if they arent there already).. conditioning leather seats.. some type of protectant on the top of the dash and door panels to prevent fading and cracking (both should be done more often during summer months of course) and i and many others here change their PCV valve every other oil change just to be sure its not failing, dont know what the manual says for that, but it cant really hurt to change it more often than the manual calls for

jemorga
04/26/2007, 09:47 AM
Moncha had posted the Izusu service manual and electrical troubleshooting guide. I downloaded both of them and it is the same as the one I bought on CD for $100. I found the quality is much better than the CD. It is listed on the right side of the web page under downloads. You could probably take it to Kinkos or someplace like it and get it printed out if you need a hard copy.

nfpgasmask
04/26/2007, 09:54 AM
I was gonna say take care of your seats, steering wheel and dash too. This is one thing I think is too often neglected with cars, and you end up with cracked and flaking leather. I have seen cars with a giant split down the center/top of the dash too. This is easily prevented with a reflective window visor, and regular cleaning/conditioning of the leather.

I'm just pissed cause my vinyl middle console elbow pad just suddenly, out of the blue, cracked up. Probably this area is the first to go, especially if you have sweaty elbows (salt) and live in a dry area (like Reno). I want to get it recovered with real leather eventually.

Bart

i would add lubricating windows to the list for sure... i do mine once every 2 months or so.. probably dont need to do it that often.. but its easy and cheap so why not... other things i would add to the schedule (if they arent there already).. conditioning leather seats.. some type of protectant on the top of the dash and door panels to prevent fading and cracking (both should be done more often during summer months of course) and i and many others here change their PCV valve every other oil change just to be sure its not failing, dont know what the manual says for that, but it cant really hurt to change it more often than the manual calls for

tysamigo
04/26/2007, 11:31 AM
Wow, if I had known the manual exists for free I would have went that route. However, I did not and for anyone who wants to know where I got the manual from it came from www.helminc.com. This is the site my Isuzu Dealer recommended.

The cost details are:

1 of VX001WSML01: 2000-2001 Isuzu Vehicross Workshop Manual @ $133.00 each

Total: $133.00
Shipping: $0.00
Handling: $6.95
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $139.95

It comes in 3 volumes of which look like encyclopedias. They are thick and very informative. I LOVE THEM and would recommend that everyone have one whether printed or on CD and whether you got them from a user or brand new. Even if you are not a Do-It-Yourself kind of person, if you have a trusted technician, the book would be very helpful to him/her.

$139 or for free, it is worth having.

Thanks for the extra tips. I have added it to my list. If anyone is interested in the excel spreadsheet I'm working on I will have it available once it is completed for anyone to share.

nfpgasmask
04/26/2007, 01:25 PM
So wait, is the manaul you got a huge 3 volume, spiral bound set? One of these was on eBay a few months back I think. I was wondering if it nothing more than a print out from the manual CD (like the one from Tone) or if it actually has more.

Quite honestly, I hate the CD and its terrible navigation interface, so I would love to have a nice hard copy.

Bart

Wow, if I had known the manual exists for free I would have went that route. However, I did not and for anyone who wants to know where I got the manual from it came from www.helminc.com. This is the site my Isuzu Dealer recommended.

The cost details are:

1 of VX001WSML01: 2000-2001 Isuzu Vehicross Workshop Manual @ $133.00 each

Total: $133.00
Shipping: $0.00
Handling: $6.95
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $139.95

It comes in 3 volumes of which look like encyclopedias. They are thick and very informative. I LOVE THEM and would recommend that everyone have one whether printed or on CD and whether you got them from a user or brand new. Even if you are not a Do-It-Yourself kind of person, if you have a trusted technician, the book would be very helpful to him/her.

$139 or for free, it is worth having.

Thanks for the extra tips. I have added it to my list. If anyone is interested in the excel spreadsheet I'm working on I will have it available once it is completed for anyone to share.

tysamigo
04/26/2007, 01:34 PM
No it is not a spiraled book. It would be way to large. There are 3 books eahc being a volume. Each book is about 2.5"-3" thick and FULL of information. I haven't seen the download you are talking about yet.

I'm very happy with my purchase even though it is expensive but the detail at which the book goes into regarding removal of parts, exploded views, electronics information, etc will be very very handy for myself or a technician.

JHarris1385
04/26/2007, 02:56 PM
I saw those exact books and then thought Iv got that on cd.
I agree the cd does not have a good navigation scheme to it. I barely use it. Or have to set back enough time to use prior to a repair/mod. I wonder if they would do a group purchase????

I did get a repair manual from mitchel repair company online which is easier to navigate. I have kind of fogotten about that one though. It should be uploaded on here.