PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions For Air Intake.......

Lizardmen3477
04/23/2007, 07:37 PM
I am going to get another air intake put on my vx. I already have one on there now but i figure i try something different. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to whichs ones are better as far as a little more horses being added or better Mpg. Any and all input wanted. Cold or normal intake??? I havent a clue i figure ask for people who already have them put on and get feedback. Also please make sure there still available for sale and links if possible. I was wanting a morgan tec i hear there good but no longer for sale:( Thanks

Tone
04/23/2007, 08:04 PM
I suggest a large conefilter installed on the end of the MAS, replacing the stock airbox. You will get a bit more hot air sitting at idle but when moving you'll be flowing more from the fender and around the headlights.

There are 2 green filters on my website - one a conventional large cone with seperate cone on the top for additional flow. The other is the Twister that installs in the same place, uses an ever largercone filter but covers the filter in a large heat dissapating alumimum cone that keeps hot air from being injested and allows you to point the intake tube into the fender (once you remove the constricting elbow there)

You will feel the difference. It you want to change out the intake tube itself, the majority of that for looks and could even contribute to heating the air if made out of a metal that holds heat.

djkymar
04/23/2007, 08:26 PM
Tone,
so you suggest do not change the original plastic tube on some metal ones right?
What would be the part number for a big cone filter? And whats better big cone filter or small and why?
Thanks

Lizardmen3477
04/24/2007, 07:10 AM
So Tone how hard would it be to install that better cone that you sell and which was the better?

MZ-N10
04/24/2007, 01:03 PM
the bigger the better, with more surface area the more air and the less resistance there is. usually cone filters are held on by hose clamps, theyre extremely easy to install.

djkymar
05/08/2007, 07:08 PM
so if im going to get cone k&N filter what kind am i looking for? i mean the part number? For those who has cone filters whats the part number?
Thanks

Tone
05/09/2007, 11:35 AM
The XL 2501 Green Twister as it provides seriously increased air filtering surface AND keeps the hot air out so it will provide more power. Remove stock airbox and install this on the end of the MAS with the included silicone sleeve. On my website and in stock, ready to ship.

djkymar
05/09/2007, 06:48 PM
Tone,
is that one for 239$ or 89$?

VCross007
03/30/2008, 07:41 PM
so if you get the filter with the aluminium sleeve, will you still need to make a heat shield for the filter or does the sleeve do it for u?