PDA

View Full Version : Rain Sensor

Rednex
04/23/2007, 12:49 PM
Hi everybody!

Did the search -> no results.
Anybody ever considered getting subj into VX (smth like http://www.mobilityconversions.com/rain_sensor.htm )?
Had one of my previous cars such extra, now longing for it in my VX. Any ideas? Considerations?

(Don't call me lazy.... I know I am! ;-) )

johnnyapollo
04/23/2007, 01:02 PM
Here's the US supplier's website:
http://www.raintracker.com/

Looks like an interesting mod!

-- John

WILLY
04/23/2007, 03:18 PM
Wow! could this country get any more lazy,I'm not trying to be rude but come on it's not that difficult to engage the windshield wiper's. :_confused :_brickwal

Knigh7s
04/23/2007, 03:57 PM
I installed one of these (http://members.shaw.ca/autowindow/products.html) on my 03 1.8t MK-IV.

It would be cool if we were able to get it to work with the windows also.

Ldub
04/23/2007, 04:35 PM
Wow! could this country get any more lazy,I'm not trying to be rude but come on it's not that difficult to engage the windshield wiper's. :_confused :_brickwal

Whachoo talkin' bout Willis...maybe check what country rednex is IN first ? ;)

cyronman
04/23/2007, 05:25 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-Vehicross-Push-Button-Engine-Start-System-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ005QQitemZ 150113742352QQrdZ1

WILLY
04/23/2007, 06:59 PM
LMFAO Too funny! :p Yeah i probably jumped the gun on being rude but but i was in a bad mood at the time because of someone i know is a lazy( pos )and i took it out on the rain mod thingy :p sorry :eek: my bad. :p

WILLY
04/23/2007, 07:02 PM
Whachoo talkin' bout Willis...maybe check what country rednex is IN first ? ;)
You are a riot ldub lmao.thats funny s#%t

Tone
04/23/2007, 07:52 PM
I've got one on my ML and love it. It is ideal for light misting that adjustable spped wipers just don't do it right. Should be a simple project to install the sensor and connect to the wiper circuit. Mine increases speed as I do since more water is hitting the sensors in the windshield. Sure it's easy to turn on but it is cool to have the car do it for you.

djkymar
04/23/2007, 08:07 PM
how about install delay on first position that would be really nice to have and i think more usefull than all those autowipers stuff.
P.S by delay in frst position i mean when you turn your wipers on one down they cleaning window every 4 or 5 seconds and you cant change it but having delay so you can change it to 2 or 5 or 10 seconds would be nice.
Just my 2 cents =)

thedutchguy
04/24/2007, 03:41 AM
I've got one on my ML and love it.
This is a factory installed one? Or did you do it yourself?

VehiGAZ
04/24/2007, 06:27 AM
We ordered my wife's A3 with the "convenience package," (not the lazy-bastard package) which will automatically engage the wipers AND the headlights when they are left in auto positions. It's kind-a neat-o to have the car figure out "Gee it's raining. I better clear that windshield!" And as Tone said, it's better at it than any adjustable-interval wiper setting, and FAR better at it than the VX's one intermittent-interval setting. Same with the lights - if it's dark out, they turn themselves on. The Audi system is GOOD.

Why did it take over a hundred years of automotive engineering to come up with that?

johnnyapollo
04/24/2007, 10:23 AM
In my case, these types of mods are less about being lazy, and more about being a geek. I love gadgets and stuff like this is right up my alley.

-- John

Chopper
04/24/2007, 03:41 PM
Damn... I do admire an Audi. Got a Q7 in work now. What a hunk of art, this beastie is. No drive reports yet, but the build quality is awesome. Materials, layout, looks... yeah, it's BIG, yeah, it probably blows through dead dinosaurs at a depressing rate... but, boy it's nice :cool:

thedutchguy
04/25/2007, 02:04 AM
Damn... I do admire an Audi. Got a Q7 in work now. What a hunk of art, this beastie is. No drive reports yet, but the build quality is awesome. Materials, layout, looks... yeah, it's BIG, yeah, it probably blows through dead dinosaurs at a depressing rate... but, boy it's nice :cool:
Yeah, AUDI is better (less problems) at the moment than Mercedes.
It's moving towards BMW.Which is still no.1 at the moment over here!

VehiGAZ
04/25/2007, 09:11 AM
Yes, many MB models here are junk, too. It's unbelievable that they managed to squander one of the finest reputations for reliability in such a short time! And if I hear one more European try to blame MB's lousy build quality on Chrysler...

We too are absolutely smitten with Audi after 25k miles of A3 ownership. That little rocket rides like a dream but dances like the devil. A friend with an A4 2.0T just had his ECU flashed and has been trying to get me to do the same on the A3, but I just can't imagine what kind of trouble that will get us into.

Rednex
06/18/2007, 03:37 PM

There are two forces driving the progress of mankind (irregardless of country of habiting): greed and laziness... :cool:

Rednex
02/13/2008, 08:21 AM
Got that "Rain Tracker RT-50" rain sensor installed. No driving in rain so far, as I've got new toy 4 myself - TLC 80 - and VX has been given up almost 100% 2 wife, but will report more upon experience.
1st impressions:
- is 2 sensitive 4 me even in lowest possible sensitivity setting; :(
- those bitches at the Oedes company have lowered price 2 99 bucks just couple of months aft I spent ~150 bucks 4 their junk! Life's not fair! :mad:

tom4bren
02/13/2008, 08:33 AM
Ya gotta love that commercial that came on recently. Some guy is squirting his windshield with a hose to watch the wipers come on automatically. His wife just rolls her eyes skyward and walks inside. He shrugs & hits it again.

Hon, it's a geek thing - you wouldn't understand.:)

don moore
02/13/2008, 10:11 AM
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2009871/p-2009871/N-111+10715+600020102/c-10615