PDA

View Full Version : VDU has died.

BigDave
04/14/2007, 04:15 PM
Hi People
I have a much loved JDM VX ('98), problem is the radio VDU has died, started going blank for a short period but now it is hard on.

Nobody down here I've talked to has any idea how to attack the problem.

Has anyone upgraded their audio and have a standard radio kicking round the garage they might want to sell ?

Regards........

Dave from DownUnder.

sam
04/14/2007, 11:16 PM
Do you have a pic of your old stereo?

BigDave
04/15/2007, 10:13 PM
Hi
This site will not allow me to post an attachment, what is your @ and I'll send it directly to you.

Cheers...........

Paul UK
04/16/2007, 12:02 AM
Hi,

I've had this problem for the last two years. Mine seems to be temperature/humidity related. The display is OK in the hot/dry but is blank in the cold/wet. For example, I was driving last weekend in quite hot weather with the a/c off and the display worked perfectly, prior to that I hadn't seen it since November!

Collective opinion at my work (where we have engineers who work on electronics and displays) is that it's probably a dry joint that reflows when its sufficiently warm. I've had a couple of volunteers to look at it for me but without circuit diagrams and without a ready replacement, I've not been keen to let them play.

Sorry I can't be more help.... It would be nice if someone knows a good replacement that will fill the space and provide reversing camera viewing..?

thedutchguy
04/16/2007, 05:00 AM
I have a free headunit for you here in the Netherlands.
If you're planning to come to the world superbikes in assen end of this month, you can drive by my house and pick it up.

BigDave
04/16/2007, 07:00 PM
Hey that would be great. Not comming over your way but I'll pay for packing and shipping here. Do you have paypal ? Otherwise give me bank account details to transfer funds to.

BigDave
04/16/2007, 07:04 PM
Hey Paul,
You are right on mine started going on wet days. Down here humidity gets to about 99% in summer rains. I'll run my de-humidifier in there over night and see if it springs to life.

Thanks........

thedutchguy
04/17/2007, 12:10 AM
let me know if the de-humi worked out, in which case I won't have to ship.
Otherwise mail me rpvanhal@gmail.com

BigDave
04/17/2007, 06:16 PM
Hi,
No luck with the de-humidifier, back to square one, ie replace or fix.

Cheers.......