PDA

View Full Version : what cars have you guys raced, and who won.

CoastieCosta567
04/13/2007, 06:28 PM
What cars have you guys raced and who won. I have had my VX only for a few months and i have raced an Acura RSX, I won. A Jeep Wrangler, I won. A Scion TC, I won. A Impala(newer model), Lost by a few feet. Ford F-150, I won. Dadge Ram, I won. Honda Civic, I won. Ford Mustang V6, almost won but lost. Can't think of anything else. all this where from the start off to like 50-60 mph. So what have you guys raced. and is there also any1 here with a supercharged VX that have won some nice street races.

Chopper
04/14/2007, 08:26 AM
Sorry, I don't street race. Thought you meant track cars.

Corrosive
04/15/2007, 12:56 AM
I have raced a buddy in a pontiac vibe and won... lol... no biggie. I am not too fond of the street race, but it was w/ a friend on a very familliar stretch of road.

WILLY
04/15/2007, 07:55 AM
I have not race anyone myself but i do get alot of the kids in town telling me to smoke my tires :p
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/05-Photo_5.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/05-Photo_5.jpg)

VehiGAZ
04/15/2007, 08:34 AM
Only a V8 Explorer. I completely smoked him twice from one stoplight to the next. It was pretty silly, really.

WormGod
04/16/2007, 07:47 AM
Sorry, I don't street race. Thought you meant track cars.

+1

CoastieCosta567
04/16/2007, 07:56 AM
ok...................never mind, i just thought i brought up a topic, so we all can chat, but i guess u have to be known in this site for people here to talk to you are pay attention, sorry i bring up topics. later guys. :(

CoastieCosta567
04/16/2007, 08:00 AM
Now i see why there is alot of people here as members but only a few chat, those others prob... tried to fit in but no1 put no intrest in them, i guess this has answered 1 of my ? of why only a few chat. :(

erland
04/16/2007, 08:55 AM
I Know How You Feel

Anita
04/16/2007, 09:09 AM
Now i see why there is alot of people here as members but only a few chat, those others prob... tried to fit in but no1 put no intrest in them, i guess this has answered 1 of my ? of why only a few chat. :(

I wouldnt take it personally, costa. Street racing is one of those subjects that is both popular and unpopular. I'm not speaking for the others here, but being on this and on the older VX forums, the subject of street racing has been brought up with sometimes fiery results. Some members have lost friends/loved ones from it, or just seen too many results of racing gone wrong. I think many just wont touch the subject (even if they have done it themselves). Just an opinion...

uncle_asa
04/16/2007, 09:41 AM
and is there also any1 here with a supercharged VX that have won some nice street races.
How about forest racing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArH55DvhBa4 ??? :p ;Dy;

CoastieCosta567
04/16/2007, 12:51 PM
it not about street racing, cuz i'm not in to it, cuz i don't have a street racer, i'm just talking about every once in a while there is kook that wants to test you and u just simply see its safe enough to try it, thats all, i'm preety sure plenty here have done it, cuz the VX is not the commen suv. but what ever, and thanks erland for knowing what i mean. I guess i have to do some mods and sell them to get the peoples here attention, or maybe start giving away free stuff like superchargers, maybe that will get poeple to like me...... :mad: whatever i joined here to get to know the community of VXers and *****, but some people give some nasty comments at times, and at other peoples threads that i have found. Well guess i'll just check every once in a while to see new "MODS", but i'm out later guys, good trying to know u all.

cyronman
04/16/2007, 01:42 PM
i'm just talking about every once in a while there is kook that wants to test you and u just simply see its safe enough to try it, thats all, i'm preety sure plenty here have done it,

I actually did the other day, but it was with my buddy on the familiar street leading right to his house. He was in his M3 so guess what happened...
It was by no means street racing though, we got off the freeway and I did my best to stay in front of him. It was over in seconds, and I didn't get ridiculous for fear of the obvious (crash/cops), just one of those fun, spontaneous moments with a buddy.
RallyX is more my taste: (me & my 99 RS)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Rally.jpg
As far as with strangers "testing me", I could care less and I think the majority (not all) of VXers ON THIS FORUM (not all) feel the same.
I feel out of place sometimes too on threads dealing with certain parts or off-roading topics, as I'm not much of a wrench or into off-roading.
However, there have also been plenty of topics I've been a part of or have redeemed very much help from.

:mad: whatever i joined here to get to know the community of VXers and *****, but some people give some nasty comments at times, and at other peoples threads that i have found. Well guess i'll just check every once in a while to see new "MODS", but i'm out later guys, good trying to know u all.

And yes, there seems to be a core of VXers on this site that seem to do the majority of the talk, but that's because they've owned their VXs for years, a lot are original owners, and have been on this forum since it's creation. They've been through certain topics over and over again, while it might be the first time a lot of others see them.
I rarely see any immature comments from the veteran members here, and I don't neccessarily see any towards you on this thread, but if you feel differently, you're entitled.

I was excited to join and it's good to see more/new members here for the more knowledge,experience, etc. the better, but if it's not your taste or you don't appreciate the responses, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Cy

Ascinder
04/16/2007, 02:22 PM
I haven't really seen many negative posts on here at all since I joined. There may be some things that people "have their own opinions/likes/dislikes", but that doesn't mean they're trying to be nasty or elitist, or discourage you, it may just mean they have a different viewpoint. I would personally hate to see you quit coming here Costiecosta, I have been following your "Rallyization" of the VX and personally think you have done a great job so far. I think I am correct in assuming you got your VX right around the same time I got mine, and like you I love to mod stuff and post about it. I have also got some lackluster and discouraging responses sometimes, but also a lot of positive reinforcement and help. Just take the good, leave the bad and enjoy the obsession :thumbup:

CoastieCosta567
04/16/2007, 03:01 PM
u guys are right, i'm sorry for being stupid, i just have had a rough day, so i had to loose some steam and took it out here, sorry again, i just hope people would pay more attention to the new guys and gals, so they can stick around longer and maybe end up never getting rid of there VXs. thats all. but u guys are right and pretty much all of it.

JHarris1385
04/16/2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah I have been watching your rally thread. I like where your taking your VX.

I just have not raced many people since I lifted it. I dont want to be let down becuase of the power that was lost per inch of lift.

Keep your head up bro, your time will come around. Im new here too just got mine in Sept 06.

MZ-N10
04/16/2007, 05:12 PM
i tend to lose alot but the funniest win is against a celica gt *corolla engine. it was on a up hill stretch of freeway. he at first was behind me, and decided to throw it into the slow lane then gunned it. i guess he was tryin to pass me, so i gave it soem gas and blocked him. he ended up getting behind me flashing me then switched lanes again, this time i let him get maybe 1 car length ahead before i floored it. passed him wiht ease, then i messed with him. i would slow down to 55 let him get next to me, then i would floor it going to something like 85, then 45 let him pass then 85. did tat probably 5 times before he honked at me. i laffed, threw it back on cruise control and watched him slowly fly-by me and turn on his hazards. good times good times.....

djkymar
04/16/2007, 05:22 PM
well im not really race a lot of cars with my VX but when im going 30-40 on the road and some big *** SUV trying to pass me and i see it in my mirror he is come in i cant stand, there always little race, and sometimes just those stupid people that putting big laud exaust think they have a lot of power cuz of it then i just have to flour it and not let them go in front of me and im always winning.
Just my short story.

Knigh7s
04/16/2007, 06:19 PM
I don't "race" much in my VX, with the gas prices and the god forsaken Vegas traffic and a 17mile commute... well you get the picture...

Buuuut, I did try taking on... I think it was a late model Frontier. The guy just wouldn't leave me alone on the freeway. (pulls up next to you and gases, then slows back down next to you, then gases up again type of deal) Lets just say after awhile, I could't stay up front.

[thinking to self]
Wish Morgen-Tech was still around for that S/C kit +intake and exhaust =(
[/thinking to self]

BTW Costie, Stick around, this place isn't all that bad. Alot of them chime in to help when needed and some come in and out with there own opinions (which happens in any convo/chat).

Mark Miller
04/16/2007, 07:00 PM
I raced a colorado recently, beat him.

A lot of cars/trucks start to mess with me,
but you can tell they are so unsure what the heck they are messing with.(debadged)

Knigh7s
04/16/2007, 07:05 PM
I raced a colorado recently, beat him.

A lot of cars/trucks start to mess with me,
but you can tell they are so unsure what the heck they are messing with.(debadged)

Ohh man, the one thing that really pisses me off is when driving on the free way, these larger SUV's and Trucks think they can just push Lil Ol' VX around. I constantly get cut off, like to the point where there tail end would touch my front if I dont "blip" (tap) the breaks. Makes me want to get a air horn so bad! [ROAD RAGE!!] naw j/k

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/16/2007, 08:27 PM
I attended the event at the following link several times last summer and finally brought my supercharged VX out to take a shot at some of these guys.....the only problem....nobody would race me! I think that there is a bit of a clique there plus as mentioned above.....alot of people don't know what to make of a VX and don't want to take the chance of being beat by a SUV. I really felt that I could have won a few with the advantange of TOD & our gear ratio and the fact it was 1/8 mile. But, alas, I'll never know.

http://alteredgas.com/flashlight_drags.html

If you look at the photo gallery last event (October 14th) run at Zelionople, PA and scroll through the pics on page #7 in the gallery...you'll see my VX midway down the page below a couple of Wranglers....I tried to race them but they would only run against each other.

Commando
04/16/2007, 10:43 PM
While making a left turn recently, some woman driving one of those BMW SUVs felt I was impeding her progress and went wide, trying to zap me on the outside. Well, she got me and it seemed that the VX didn't quite have the beans to put down the insult (sorry Costie', I tried). At the next signal, the arogant smirk on her face was rather galling, but a I am positive that deep inside, she realized that Proton yellow trumps blase Beemer silver any day of the week. Sure, I may have come in second, but I aced her big time on style points! :p

kobie
04/17/2007, 01:03 AM
On the point of losses, some kind fellow in a testerossa (sp) was nice enough to let me keep up with him. Once the grade went from uphill to level he was gone.

CoastieCosta567
04/17/2007, 06:49 AM
like i said i don't race, just every once in a while when its safe enough there is a little race here and there, but thats it. but what i think is, if i get beat by a newer SUV or a car, i don't put to much attention for it, cuz i know if we take those NEW suvs or cars offroad, they wont last to long before something in there vehicals will break or inside of them with anger, lol. i just know this is not a sports car, but does have a little kick but off road, man its a monster and only a few real vehicals can challenge it, and i mean real offroad, dakar style racing, meaning all tarrean. wrx wont make it and there fellow friends, the only challenge are really good moded real rally vehicals or home made projects made for that kind of racing. and that makes me happy to know, and know that our little beast of a VX have a monster living in side of it, :p .

VehiGAZ
04/17/2007, 07:58 AM
See Costie! People post! They might not all pile on in the first 24 hours, but not too many people are on the site very day. Be patient and don't get discouraged.

As for people's opinions, well, this is an anonymous and faceless forum, and people will express their opinions or concerns as honestly as they want to, so you really can't expect everyone to be either supportive or silent. (you need employees for that! Hahaha)

All in all, this is the best-behaved group of forum posters I've ever come across, which is the only reason I stay on. I was posting on pre-web bulletin boards since back in the early 90's and I swore off of them all for over a decade because of the puerility of the people on them and the pointlessness of the flame wars. I came here very trepidatiously (sp?!) only out of necessity - I needed VX information - and have been really happy with the quality of people and the quality of info here.

WormGod
04/17/2007, 08:06 AM
Just a snippet of information....

....even pumping off of a street light for 3 secs with another car is racing. The offense is called "Speed Contesting on a Public Roadway". I know.... I was arrested a few years ago for it.... in the VX. Yep, arrested. Instant liscence suspension, bologna sandwiches behind iron bars, and not so fun legal fees. I am not here to argue, just offering enlightenment. :)

When I moved to my new house over a year ago, there was a 1/4 mile track and a tarmac road course a few miles away. Road and Track PBS tv show did their road tests there. I was all excited about this. It turns out, the track closed for good this year. They are apparently building a school or a mall there. So much for that. This makes me sad. No fun for the VX and the Rex.

biju
04/17/2007, 08:16 AM
Be patient and don't get discouraged.
well said. hang in there costie!

everyone was a noob at one point or another, and hopefully there will always be fresh batches of em'. opinions will be shared... good/bad/indifferent (indifferent = usually in the form of non-posting). when you start a thread be prepared to accept all kinds of responses, even a non-response...

personally, i know nothing about racing. don't watch it. don't participate in it (never have). wish people wouldn't do it on the roads i travel for everyone's safety. and honestly don't care about the topic - thus why i didn't read this thread until today, mostly out of bordom (no offense. just didn't seem like a thread that interested me).

i'm glad you're here - and personally love how you're modding your ride and have saved it from its previous state! again, hang in there and don't get discouraged... this vx forum is incredible!

-biju.

Ascinder
04/17/2007, 08:20 AM
Just a snippet of information....

....even pumping off of a street light for 3 secs with another car is racing. The offense is called "Speed Contesting on a Public Roadway". I know.... I was arrested a few years ago for it.... in the VX. Yep, arrested. Instant liscence suspension, bologna sandwiches behind iron bars, and not so fun legal fees. I am not here to argue, just offering enlightenment.

Man, from the posts I've read from you how can you stand to live there? Do they have razorwire around the public parks and patrol the streets after curfew with german shepherds? It seems like they are some serious car nazis. I can't believe a state like this can even exist in a country that touts its freedoms to such extent. Where I live it seems like if you wanted to roll down the street in a covered wagon powered by a leaky nuclear reactor, pumping your tunes loud enough to deafen people in China and running red lights at will, the cops would only pull you over because they wanted to know what you were driving and where they could get one.....

VehiGAZ
04/17/2007, 08:37 AM
Double-Dog-Ditto!!

WormGod, you have single-handedly made me swear never to move to Maryland! It sounds like the cops there really go out of their way to hassle anyone doing anything that they might just be enjoying doing in their personal motor vehicle.

WormGod
04/17/2007, 09:01 AM
Well, for those who have no experience with the way Montgomery County works, they STRIVE to be among the most ELITE locations in the "God Loving US of A". Understand, this is Montgomery County (MontCo), not the entire state. There are quite a few less fortunate counties in this state. I now live in Frederick County because I can not afford to live in MontCo anymore. When I am in MontCo, it is like night and day compared to FredCo.

Someone like LA gets a smoking ban, MontCo throws a heavier ban. NY decides to pay their NYPD more, MontCo increases local law enforcement salaries 10% more than NY did. The wealthy start buying luxury homes in Colorado, MontCo allows destruction of woodlands and low income housing to build even more luxurious homes. It's an elitist society here and the wealthy push money to attempt to make this a Utopian development. For a county, we have "one of" the largest and highest budgeted law enforcement organisations in the US. You can not drive 2 minutes without seeing a police cruiser. Granted, thats not a bad thing IMHO, but it does make you feel belittled and untrusted by Big Brother. There is LOTS of money that runs the system here, and those without it, just try to play by the rules. :(

EDIT: I just want to add, it's not the police here that are the problem. They are doing their job and they do it quite well. We just have a LOT of them and this means they get bored sometimes and will get people for the most minor of violations. Just yesterday I watched a cop pull a guy over for laying on his horn for more than 3 secs because a woman cut him off. He probably got a road rage lecture, which it clearly wasnt, but, the cop was just exiting a Starbucks where.... I am sure.... he was spending some of his BORED time, heh.

CoastieCosta567
04/17/2007, 09:54 AM
never in my Life i'm moving there, sounds like a happy brady bunch style of living, witch is not bad, but not for me, cuz for that kind of lux..living, i see why the cops are everywhere, but 1 price pays for the other.i truely prefare a small town with the same family feeling town , but the freedom of liveing in the U.S. :). i'll give up a city in a heart beat for a small town with freedom and friends, but thats my openion, ;) .

to add to that, when i say freedom, i don't mean breaking the law, meaning having FUN. And again you guys, i not in to street racing, my brothers are, well where when they where younger, but they are my older brothers so i grew up bing in cars while street racing, so i guess thats where i get the urge 1 in ablue moon to race a kook out there, thats all. but if i wanted to i then I would have bought me a s2000 instead and got into that ball field. Just cuz in this state u can get away with doing that more often, does not mean I do it when i feel like it. I just simply like speed(the MPH, not drug, LOL) extrem sports, danger, thats why I wanted to write this topic, cuz i know there are few here that like very upbeat activities, thats all. :). but all you guys are cool, i just got upset yesterday, cuz i was having a bad day, and i have writen some topics before for help and had little or no help , but those times where few thats all. nothing to u all, and sorry again.

Zorak
04/17/2007, 10:25 AM
Well, for those who have no experience with the way Montgomery County works, they STRIVE to be among the most ELITE locations in the "God Loving US of A". Understand, this is Montgomery County (MontCo), not the entire state. There are quite a few less fortunate counties in this state. I now live in Frederick County because I can not afford to live in MontCo anymore. When I am in MontCo, it is like night and day compared to FredCo.

Someone like LA gets a smoking ban, MontCo throws a heavier ban. NY decides to pay their NYPD more, MontCo increases local law enforcement salaries 10% more than NY did. The wealthy start buying luxury homes in Colorado, MontCo allows destruction of woodlands and low income housing to build even more luxurious homes. It's an elitist society here and the wealthy push money to attempt to make this a Utopian development. For a county, we have "one of" the largest and highest budgeted law enforcement organisations in the US. You can not drive 2 minutes without seeing a police cruiser. Granted, thats not a bad thing IMHO, but it does make you feel belittled and untrusted by Big Brother. There is LOTS of money that runs the system here, and those without it, just try to play by the rules. :(

EDIT: I just want to add, it's not the police here that are the problem. They are doing their job and they do it quite well. We just have a LOT of them and this means they get bored sometimes and will get people for the most minor of violations. Just yesterday I watched a cop pull a guy over for laying on his horn for more than 3 secs because a woman cut him off. He probably got a road rage lecture, which it clearly wasnt, but, the cop was just exiting a Starbucks where.... I am sure.... he was spending some of his BORED time, heh.

The funny thing is, Montgomery Co is right next to Prince Georges Co...talk about night and day.

I can attest to the police presence tho...I got stopped once on I-270 by Mont Co cop for speeding,.. 59 in a 55 mph zone. My attitude wasn't too good when he told me what he stopped me for, so yeah I got a ticket. :rolleyes:

CoastieCosta567
04/17/2007, 10:46 AM
The funny thing is, Montgomery Co is right next to Prince Georges Co...talk about night and day.

I can attest to the police presence tho...I got stopped once on I-270 by Mont Co cop for speeding,.. 59 in a 55 mph zone. My attitude wasn't too good when he told me what he stopped me for, so yeah I got a ticket. :rolleyes:

thats crazy, cuz i talked to this cop in orlando before and they said they have a personal rule that most cops in orlando go for and its a 7mph break anything past that is when they react, but most just chill with 5-7 mph over the speed limit.

WyrreJ
04/23/2007, 11:57 PM
I've got my own peculair way of racing.

For some bizarre reason, the towns through which I commute every day (I drive the back-roads, not the freeways) like to tear up their roads every six months or so - I'm not kidding it seems like they finally get them repaved and a week later they are all ripped up again.

Lots of the time, they'll do one lane at a time. So when the traffic is low, like after rush hour, people will drive partly or even completely in the other lane - to avoid the unpaved lane that they 'belong' in.

Whenever I see an SUV do that in front of me, I make a point of sticking in unpaved lane and keeping up. Even unpaved, the roads are easily within the capabilities of any half-decent SUV. The speed limit is usually 30 or 35 so it isn't that fast, just that whenever I see an SUV avoiding even the most minimal off-road experience it makes me think *pu*ssy* and I have to show them how lame they are. They probably just think I'm a dumbass for taking the bumpy road.

Chopper
04/24/2007, 03:50 PM
I've got my own peculair way of racing.

For some bizarre reason, the towns through which I commute every day (I drive the back-roads, not the freeways) like to tear up their roads every six months or so - I'm not kidding it seems like they finally get them repaved and a week later they are all ripped up again.

Lots of the time, they'll do one lane at a time. So when the traffic is low, like after rush hour, people will drive partly or even completely in the other lane - to avoid the unpaved lane that they 'belong' in.

Whenever I see an SUV do that in front of me, I make a point of sticking in unpaved lane and keeping up. Even unpaved, the roads are easily within the capabilities of any half-decent SUV. The speed limit is usually 30 or 35 so it isn't that fast, just that whenever I see an SUV avoiding even the most minimal off-road experience it makes me think *pu*ssy* and I have to show them how lame they are. They probably just think I'm a dumbass for taking the bumpy road.Bet you purposly drive thru puddles to roostertail tailgaters too :p :p

nfpgasmask
04/24/2007, 04:48 PM
Hey dude, as with all forums, you should never take anything to heart. Its a great forum, imho, and VASTLY superior (in both content and participants) to any other forum I have been on.

95% of all web forums are chock full of idiots who endlessly bicker and act like its a freaking high school popularity contest. This forum however, is 95% devoid of that BS, which is why I love it.

I comment a lot on here, but like many others, only on threads that I feel compelled to comment on. There are PLENTY of threads that I don't even look at, and it never has anything to do with who I know and who I don't know.

So chin up man! We are all with ya!

;) Bart

PS - Trying to think back, once in Chicago I was going west on Lake street and this douchebag got next to me at a red light, obviously he wanted to speed past and get in front of me in his car (can't remember what it was, maybe an 80s Camaro). Needless to say, I pushed the POWER button and didn't let it happen. He was surprised to see my little black jumping spider spring at the green. :)

u guys are right, i'm sorry for being stupid, i just have had a rough day, so i had to loose some steam and took it out here, sorry again, i just hope people would pay more attention to the new guys and gals, so they can stick around longer and maybe end up never getting rid of there VXs. thats all. but u guys are right and pretty much all of it.

CrzyFool
04/25/2007, 02:30 PM
I beat an Audi S4 in the snow while yelling "Wheres your Quattro now Bitch!!" out my window . . .

Thats the most memorable.

CoastieCosta567
04/25/2007, 05:56 PM
:laugho: lol, bro thats funny as H3LL, lol. :laugho: