PDA

View Full Version : stupid things in your VX!

etlsport
04/12/2007, 02:37 PM
i thought itd be fun to see what kinda dumb (aka fun) stuff we do in our VXs my inspiration for this was looking through some pictures from my recent camping trip i found pictures of me pulling my friends up a tree with the VX... they were tied to one end of the rope.. which went over a pulley about 40 feet up.. the other end of the rope was tied to the back of the VX... good times

[/url]http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/Climbing_Tree_with_Car_02.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Climbing_Tree_with_Car_02.JPG)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/vxclimb.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/vxclimb.jpg)
[url=http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Climbing_Tree_with_Car_28.JPG]http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/Climbing_Tree_with_Car_28.JPG

Techy-D
04/12/2007, 02:56 PM
At least the bears won't get her! :p

Corrosive
04/12/2007, 02:58 PM
Thats pretty funny.

I have put the back seats down and slept in there inbetween classes.... but then again, thats not really crazy.

-Mike

Joe_Black
04/12/2007, 06:17 PM
Does rallying the day after a hurricane count?

http://www.rallyrebels.com/Media/Photos/082804/IMG_8415.JPG

MZ-N10
04/12/2007, 11:06 PM
the stupidest thing in my vx? uh....me

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/624pa300001800x600.jpg

Ldub
04/13/2007, 04:43 AM
OUCH... :(

I'll have to hop into that boat too... :_iamwiths (I've joined the wrinkled metal club in the past)

Stupidest things I've hauled include...A potato cannon, water balloon launcher, various eight foot lengths of construction material, more tools & spare parts than could possibly be needed (still there :rolleyes: )...I could come up with more, but only at the risk of brain injury.

johnnyapollo
04/13/2007, 05:04 AM
I've hauled 16 bails of pine straw on one of those short, hitch shelves - looked pretty funny going down the road.

-- John

Bulldoggie
04/13/2007, 07:15 AM
OUCH... :(

I'll have to hop into that boat too... :_iamwiths (I've joined the wrinkled metal club in the past)

Stupidest things I've hauled include...A potato cannon, water balloon launcher, various eight foot lengths of construction material, more tools & spare parts than could possibly be needed (still there :rolleyes: )...I could come up with more, but only at the risk of brain injury.

Ditto.... :laugho:

Nerve_Gas
04/13/2007, 10:06 AM
I have done way to many stupid things in my Vx to list. Included are: putting it sideways at 35mph in a gravel parking lot with bald tires (well not completely sideways), folding down the back seats and benching my rifle out the back door (long story), almost flipping it at Uwharrie national forrest, killing the alternator in a giant mud hole at Uwharrie, using the truck as a ladder to get up onto my friends roof (having 36's helped with that). I could go on all day with dumb stuff I have done in my Vx.

MZ-N10
04/13/2007, 06:04 PM
well since were sharing stories, ill do a few too....aside from tat little scratched posted above.

ive gotten alittle sideways infront of a lexus ls400 because he drove like an *** and tried to cut me off.....at 60ish btw.

did a few donuts in a parkinglot with ppl around my car, hopped more curbs/bushes then i can remember, pushed a gate open, push a gate closed, pulled a old rx7 sideways, race everyone with a fart cannon(i have a PV so yea.....), mountain racing with civics, hit 115 in teh rain (racing my friends lexus), passed between 2 cars (on a 2 lane road). man the list goes on....

biju
04/13/2007, 06:12 PM
my ex.

-biju.

CoastieCosta567
04/13/2007, 06:15 PM
thats funny biju, lol :p

etlsport
04/13/2007, 06:15 PM
yea ive done some donuts... not in snow.. in mud :cool: that was a lot of fun.. asides from the not being able to see thing... after the car show last year i drove my front two wheels up some ramps and then onto a park bench lol then of course racing random people (including an old ferarri that was being restored) i regularly get the front wheels off the ground because of the terrible patch jobs on 95 through south philly

edit
LOL biju

Triathlete
04/13/2007, 09:11 PM
I've never done anything stupid in my VX... :rolly:

Knigh7s
04/13/2007, 10:43 PM
Hmm, Drove from Cali back to Vegas with a C/F hood on the rack. Built a custom mount out of wood and styrofoam and had it wrapped in that packing saran wrap stuff through my windows and over, also had a huge cardboard wind farring so the hood didnt take off ( or rip my rack off the roof ).

my ex.

-biju.

I feel ya there buddy!

WyrreJ
04/14/2007, 07:28 AM
How about - deliberately hitting puddles because I know my grapplers will roostertail all over the car tailgating me?

Chopper
04/14/2007, 07:50 AM
How about - deliberately hitting puddles because I know my grapplers will roostertail all over the car tailgating me?
Thought I was the only one that did that ;)

etlsport
04/14/2007, 07:59 AM
nope.. until bart tells us how to install the caltrop dispenser or smoke screen ill still be relying on hitting puddles hard to stop people from tailgating me.. although its sometimes really tempting to flip my light rack to the back and REALLY flash my brakes at them

PHO2GR4
04/14/2007, 02:18 PM
The most stupid thing I ever put in my first VX was a "for sale" sign. I still can't believe I sold it! Oh well...my 'new' Ebony makes everything all better.

I'm planning to cut down a queen-size memory foam mattress topper to fit the cargo area for my upcoming trip to Utah. That way, in a pinch, me and my two dogs can nap in the back for awhile. Stupid...or genius?

yal^
04/14/2007, 03:13 PM
Sliding backwards on a pile of crushed slate rock into a tree in Larrys vx.
Standing my vx on the front left wheel in Moab.
Scaring the crap out of a group of ATV riders 50 feet below me while hunging of my roof rack - long story...
Taking 90 degrees turn at 60mph - my copilot would not shut up although I warned him to stop talking to me because that turn was coming up really quickly, and it was pitch dark. Needless to say, he finally stopped talking to me while desperately grabbing for "oh-****" bar. Did I mention that was an hour after lifting my vx, and we were still not sure of it’s new center of gravity, and body roll…?

v2
04/15/2007, 12:09 AM
...I found out the hard way that the Yokohama Geolandar ATs are not as grippy as my previous Pirelli Scorpion ATs.
Did a "Tokyo drift" when I took a left turn a bit too fast. I am sure quite a few butt cheeks were puckered (two in the VX), as I slid past a few cars waiting in line for the traffic light. I was looking out my front window at each car go past wondering who would be the lucky one that I would end up hitting when the tires found their grip again. :rolleyes:
TOD saved the day... I pointed the wheels in the direction I NEEDED to go and hit the gas! Looked like I knew what I was doing. :cool:
Never want to do that again... OK maybe on a racetrack, or empty dirt lot...

VehiGAZ
04/15/2007, 08:31 AM
How about trying to drive over an almost-entirely (but not quite!) crusted-over pile of snow with my old crappy Continental street tires in the parking lot at work. Everything was fine for 80% of the way across, but then one front tire punched through. Then the other punched through. Then the back wheel, spinning in place, burned through. I was S-T-U-C-K.

At least it was a holiday and there were only 5-10 people around that even had a chance to notice it, and the tow truck got there in about 10 minutes. No risk to the VX, but VERY HIGH risk of getting my stones busted about it on a daily basis for the next 6 months! Only one person figured out that I was not just action-parking on the snow, but he was sworn to secrecy!

Seeing as I just picked up Zooper Trooper's S/C, I should have some more stories of dumb things I've done in the next few months. :-)

etlsport
04/23/2007, 07:24 PM
haha did some furniture rearranging and got some new shelves... drove 15 miles on the highway like this.. my vx stood 8'6!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/yeah_004.jpg

Knigh7s
04/23/2007, 08:12 PM
How about a human skull on the spare ?...that ought to have em' runnin for the brush in Moab. :p ;)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC00970r1.JPG

Ldub, I get pretty bummed everytime I see your VX. :( It's just to purrdy! btw, what and how did you create that grill cover?

@etlsport
That is crazy! I'd be afraid of the wind catching it and ripping the rack right off the roof!

Ldub
04/24/2007, 06:01 AM
@etlsport
That is crazy! I'd be afraid of the wind catching it and ripping the rack right off the roof!

I had this happen to me back when I drove an 86 Trooper (yes, the little red Trooper that could, of last yrs. Moab)...I had a storm door strapped to the rack & made the mistake of going over an overpass on a windy day. :(
Didn't hear or see anything, when I got back to the shop, it was gone...ALL gone...rack, door, straps...everything!

VehiGAZ
04/24/2007, 06:35 AM
Ouch!!! Whenever I drive with my Yakima cargo box, I am in perpetual fear of it flying off the roof. This winter I saw a busted up Thule on the side of the highway - most of it, anyway.

ZEUS
04/26/2007, 11:59 AM
I fit an 8' aluminum ladder in my VX last weekend... barely! Otherwise, other dumb things include, 4 Hummer OZ tires, a drill press, a polygidating Mormon girl, and other assorted junk - none at the same time though.

ZEUS
05/27/2007, 08:45 PM
More stupid stuff! On the trailer, 20 pieces of 20' long PVC, 7 pieces of 10' long PVC, 4x4 post, and 14 bags of 80lb concrete. In the VX, wheel barrow, and small stuff. It was a very interesting drive home... but no cops to be seen! :cool: You can't tell in the pic, but the end of the pipe was at about the B-pillar which is why I angled it to the side and set it on the 4x4. When I got home, a neighbor lady had to come see my ride and ask the typical questions (but she called my VX cute :rolleyes: ). And then when she left, another neighbor came by and asked me if I wanted to buy a truck! LOL, I don't need no stinking truck!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Hauling_001_resize.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Hauling_002_resize.jpg

Velvis
05/27/2007, 10:03 PM
Traded my '99 ebony (0%, less than a year left) for a Toyota Tacoma 4 door, because I needed a truck for the job. I didn't fit, not comfortable, traded for a Lexus IS 300 SportCROSS (oooh, seems a little familiar, just newer, faster, and lower.) Sport CROSS was fantastic on dry pavement, not so much on soft sand and rock mix on Bayou Dorcheat. An accidental drift over a curb totaled the drivetrain and the SportCROSS. Lead to purchase of Ebony VX 377. Wrecked in hit and run, traded to Joe Black, turned into Rally Monster. I took Joe's '01 Dragon (which is well documented on this site) in trade for '01 ebony 377. It's a rolling testament to routine maintenance.
Still has the illegal (in Louisiana) window tint, and the uber-fan Star Wars logo in the rear window. Can't bring myself to replace it as long as there are so many great pics of this vehicle doing awesome things already on this site.
v

mdwyer
05/28/2007, 09:23 AM
I stuffed a 42" flatscreen LCD monitor in the back. The guys at Best Buy were placing bets on wx it would fit or not. It ended up diagonal, resting against the front seat headrests.

It made it home okay, though!

Putting the car seat in the back was kinda silly, too... I see, now, why people are selling these things once they breed...

Dino
05/28/2007, 10:03 AM
:p Sheesh!!! I just got mine and I haven't done anything stupid... YET!!! :rolleyes:

EDIT: ...wait. I did do a stupid thing. FIRST thing when I brought it home, I let the dogs jump in the back and one goes right to the drivers seat and proceeds to scuff the leather seatback with her claw. Left a nice 3" long mark.
Oh well... not a major deal but, stupid.

...does that count? :cool: