PDA

View Full Version : clonking noise

patrick cooper
04/09/2007, 08:31 AM
viewed lots off other links to this problem but cannot find any usefull information it clonkes when changing from d to r and also excelarating and de excelarating it only started this about a 600miles ago i have about 80k on clock the reer dive shaft has no play in it but have noticed some movement were the drive shaft comes out of the geerbox is their a bearing gone their has been a bit of a wine noise since i was doing donuts on the beech the other month back dif oil level is good running a arb aswell but dont think this is the problem no oil leaking at drive shaft outlet and level off oil in geerbox is ok and i do the greese nipples every other month. any info please

nfpgasmask
04/09/2007, 09:06 AM
How long has it been since you changed your trans fluid and filter? I would check that out...

Bart

etlsport
04/09/2007, 09:14 AM
i would get a loud clunk after hard braking, i changed my transmission fluid and both differentials (mobil 1 synthetic in the differentials, valvoline atf in the trans) and all the clunking has gone away, and i have less whine than i used to

WILLY
04/09/2007, 12:52 PM
Yup!trans fluid and filter change should do it,it fixed my cluncking.

patrick cooper
04/19/2007, 03:46 PM
the pasenger side rock slider i installed 2 months ago had bent up and rubbing the sill under neath when shifted from d to r .i had bolted the rock slider to the mount of the rear swinging arm just bent it down by jumping on it no noise now