PDA

View Full Version : Where to get neoprine tranny gasket? Was stock gasket Cork?

VXNIT
04/05/2007, 07:30 AM
Can some one lead me to one of these. Was the factory one cork?

Ldub
04/05/2007, 07:38 AM
The gasket I recieved when I ordered a new filter/gasket from Merlin @ St.Charles is not cork, it's some sort of dense black gasket material.
It was also shipped flat, not folded & sandwiched between two peices of cardboard, for ease of installation.
Not sure if it's neoprene, but feels WAY different than my wetsuit, which is. ;)

rowhard
04/05/2007, 03:18 PM
Isn't it a GM tranny which should make it easier. Hope Joe Black jumps in, he proabably knows for sure.

Joe_Black
04/05/2007, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure but I think it's a low-density rubber, although I have seen them in cork too. The tranny is a GM 4L30E, but there are variations in pans so you need to make sure you have the correct gasket for your application.

I'll be changing the filter on the IronMan in a little over a week (pads/rotors/lines this weekend) so can report more then. Hopefully will have some good news about adding a dipstick and fill tube to the tranny as well.

nfpgasmask
04/05/2007, 04:06 PM
I bought a tranny filter from AutoZone and it came with a (folded) cork gasket. I had to flatten it for about 2 days between 2 books before install...

Bart