PDA

View Full Version : Who has done Mecatech CV boots?

Ascinder
04/03/2007, 11:29 AM
I just got the Mecatech boots in the mail and before I start tearing off the old ones, I have a quick question. It looks like the old(stock?) CV boots have detents on the shaft portion where the bands hold them down. On the mecatech boots which are quite a bit longer than the stock boots, I would have to squash them to get them to sit in the detents. On the mecatech website under their installation, in specifically states not to put them on too far out or too far in. My concern is that they would slide on the shaft. What have you who have installed these done?

TEN36VX
04/03/2007, 01:57 PM
I believe I put them on between the two ridges. I can check a bit later and get back to you.

I love them by the way. The first side took me three hours for R&D (since I have never done one before), but the other only one hour. By the way, I recommend Triathlete's guide (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=9031).

Ascinder
04/03/2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks, I'd really appreciate it if you could confirm the between two ridges thing for me. It looked like if I installed it that way, they would get all crumpled up....but you're the expert here. I was planning on using Triathletes guide to do them too, I love walkthroughs, less unpleasant suprises that way. Did you end having to get more grease, or just use what came with them?

Ldub
04/04/2007, 05:14 AM
FWIW, I think SPAZZ had some input on this subject in a post regarding the third members he had for sale.