PDA

View Full Version : Steel Braided Lines

james1_10018
03/27/2007, 07:32 AM
Hello guys
I'm looking for steel braided brake line. I searched and found a company that many people here used but it seems their ws is off. Anyone can recommend an alten vendor ?

Thx

James

Joe_Black
03/27/2007, 08:03 AM
I got mine from Independent and they're very well made: Independent4X (http://www.independent4x.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=839915%7C1263303&PRID=1221569)

http://www.independent4x.com/Images/NEWBRAKELINES.jpg

TEN36VX
03/27/2007, 04:42 PM
I also found the I4X lines to be supurb and easy to install (with no prior brake system experience).

johnnyapollo
03/27/2007, 04:44 PM
Independent is the way to go - way happy with mine. Waited for three months from an eBay seller (who's still got them listed, by the way) and never received them (did get a refund).

--John

CrzyFool
04/30/2007, 02:12 PM
Got mine from I think a retailer named Darlington Offroad Performance or some such, increased brake pedal pressure immediately, worthwhile mod.

Locomigo
04/30/2007, 02:36 PM
Did yall that installed the Indy 4x lines find that there were ~1.5" too long, especially up front?

Ldub
04/30/2007, 02:38 PM
I noticed that, but am glad that inch & a half was there since the lift.

PHO2GR4
04/30/2007, 04:37 PM
Did yall that installed the Indy 4x lines find that there were ~1.5" too long, especially up front?

I think the Independent 4x4 website specifically states that these lines are longer to allow for lifts.

That's why I got 'em! They fit perfectly with my 3" lift. And they seem to work, because every time I press on the brake pedal, my VX stops. So far.

::crosses fingers::

CoastieCosta567
04/30/2007, 09:40 PM
do u have to buy this to get the 3inch lift, or can u still lift it with out buying the brake lines?

Ldub
05/01/2007, 06:03 AM
Maybe not TOTALLY "must have" for a lift, but WAY worth the investment for the increased firmness in the pedal.
Why risk a wreck due to over stressed brake lines ?
And yes, I have been in a car wreck due to brake line failure. :(

Locomigo
05/01/2007, 07:40 AM
do u have to buy this to get the 3inch lift, or can u still lift it with out buying the brake lines?

I just added them to my bud's Rodeo this week. Along with everything else that I did for him (He's in Europe, Milan, IT for work and couldnt do it)
Tera-Lows
3" BL
3" lift
33" tires
steel brake lines
manual hubs
swaybar disconnects... all from Matt

but I digress. I have had the Amigo lifted for 7 years now. Still have the factory lines. Never did anything to them when I lifted it originally. I am putting on the Indy4x set of lines this week though. My buddy ordered me a set when we did the parts order.

CoastieCosta567
05/01/2007, 03:54 PM
oh ok, it's just i want the lift but can't get the brake lines yet, but just wanted to know if its safe with the stock 1s when i get it lifted. thanks guys.

rowhard
02/22/2008, 05:45 PM
So, I only have a slight lift, enough to run a 31.5 inch tire. (Torsion bars were cranked to level it) Will I have a problem with these longer lines? And no, I'm not going to be lifting it anymore so sometime in the future isn't a issue.

Ldub
02/22/2008, 07:42 PM
So, I only have a slight lift, enough to run a 31.5 inch tire. (Torsion bars were cranked to level it) Will I have a problem with these longer lines? And no, I'm not going to be lifting it anymore so sometime in the future isn't a issue.

Shouldn't be a problem, you'll just have a bit more slack.:_wrench:

rowhard
02/23/2008, 07:47 AM
Thats what I'm worried about, possible chaffing or flexing/kinking. Just hoping someone with a non lifted VX would jump in with a 'Ain't no problem' response.

BeeVenom
02/23/2008, 08:09 AM
I would appreciate the same "no problem" response since my proton is at stock level with no plans to lift. My other questions on a separate 'brake' discussion are pretty much answered and actually reinforced the need and sensible move to the braided lines. Keep VX'n! Scott

etlsport
02/23/2008, 08:33 AM
im fully stock with the longer lines, no lift with stock tires, i went out offroading with them and had no problems.. even got high centered once and a jeep in our group actually snagged a rear line on a rock while we were out. no problems for me, just make sure who ever does your installation ties them back well. the only issue i had was when my vx was at the dealership the mechanic there complained that they were too long and that he refused to touch them because they were aftermarket.

rowhard
02/23/2008, 08:49 AM
Calvin, thanks for the quick response, that is what I and Scott is looking for. I did contact Indy4X awhile back about this, but they never responded which didn't give a very good feeling about doing any business with them.

Joe Isuzu
02/23/2008, 10:24 AM
Rowhard, thanks for asking your questions, I kinda got the feeling I was one of the few people who haven't had their VX lifted, I've used stainless steel brake lines in a couple of my cars (both present and former) but that was mainly b/c I was using them on track and I didn't like it when my pedal got spongy when the brake fliud got warm, haven't thought about it with the vx yet as that's something I know I'll NEVER be taking on track :)

Chopper
02/23/2008, 10:38 AM
It improves pedal feel. Oh.....no problem.