PDA

View Full Version : help!!help!!window issue

jamessmith
03/22/2007, 08:50 PM
Hello FOLKS,

For the last two weeks my passenger side window refuses to go down.Can anyone here who has had such a problem please give me some guidance in resolving this issue.
THANKS!!!!!!!!

WILLY
03/23/2007, 07:36 AM
CHECK THE LOCK BUTTON ON THE DRIVER SIDE WINDOW SWITCHES.THAT HAPPENED TO ME ONE TIME AND IT TOOK ME 3 DAYS TO BEFORE I NOTICED THAT I MUST OF ACCIDENTALY PUSHED IT AND SHUT OFF THE PASS.WINDOW. :_confused :_brickwal

Ascinder
03/23/2007, 10:08 AM
Oh my god, you are the best. Here this whole time I was thinking my window had frozen and blown out the motor. I can't believe how long I have thought it was broken, maybe a month or two :_brickwal :_iamwiths

ZEUS
03/23/2007, 11:55 AM
O Kayyy... that's helpful, never heard that one before. James, there are several threads on here about this common problem. Do a search and you will be well informed on how typical this problem is and what people have done to fix it... or how to put a bandaid on it anyway. You will most likely have to replace your window regulator motor unless you can find some replacement brushes for it, which I am hoping to find sometime. Replacing the motor is simple but replacing the brushes on your existing motor would be much cheaper and just as easy if you can find some.

jamessmith
03/24/2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks,for the reply.I have ready checked the lock bottom,that is not the problem.I must also mention that last year i had the same problem,then out of the blue the window start functioning normally.Can this be just a lack of lubrication problem?

Ascinder
03/25/2007, 10:55 AM
It kinda sounds like maybe a bad electrical connection shorting out somewhere, have you tried to lube it to see if that makes it go away?

ZEUS
03/26/2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I agree with Ascinder, it could be a bad connection somewhere if there is an intermittent failure. I would just remove the side panel to look around. Perhaps the motor was replaced before and something went together less than perfectly. Check your motor, and if the brushes are burned up then you will need to replace something. If the motor is fine then you most likely do have a bad connection.