PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get my first VX

claylong
03/22/2007, 11:22 AM
I have been a fan of the VX since the late 90's, and I am finally in a position to try to buy one. I am currently in the NY area (long island) where the VX density seems to be lower than normal.

To the point. The first and only VX I have found for sale in the area is a little questionable. I was wondering if I could get some feedback from existing VX owners:
http://www.autokingsales.com/detail-2001-isuzu-vehicross-1460500.html

Note that the engine has been replaced!

Any feedback would be very helpful!

Techy-D
03/22/2007, 11:31 AM
Is this the one that some folks saw before and noted the color seems to change. Possibly a repaint? Check in the door jams and under the hood... Just a thought.

JHarris1385
03/22/2007, 11:35 AM
Mic check this recent thread on here...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=10536&page=1&pp=15

Anita
03/22/2007, 11:55 AM
Also, it says something of having the factory warranty. Factory warranties have expired, unless you are the original owner of a 2000/01 VX.

claylong
03/22/2007, 02:07 PM
Excellent points. I even read that other thread previously, but didn't make the connection!

Looked at the pics again and don't see the thing about the paint. It is a little out of the way, so I am not sure how soon I could get up there to see it.

My biggest concern is the condition of the tranny, shocks, etc... If the engine needed to be replace b/c of smoking, does that mean that it was one of the known failures in the VX, or was it driven THAT hard? I wonder.

The latest ebay auction had a buy-it-now price of $15,9xx, but their website says offers welcome. I see that some on the board think that the price is too high, but the original asking price was $19k. As of now, what would you theoretically offer this guy?

Side note: I am really starting to fall in love with the Proton color!

Chopper
03/22/2007, 03:11 PM
Looks good from here. Offer him 14 out the door. A NEW engine would certainly not put me off...just the opposite. Drive it. See how it shifts. Engage low. Does it slide in easily, or is it a fight to get it in? Shift smoothly? NO clunks,groans,squeeks,squeals etc.? Buy it and welcome to the family. Wayne

tomdietrying
03/22/2007, 03:11 PM
Not a big deal, but look at the driver's side front bumper. There is a small crease dimple. Something hit it there. It's in picture #1,#2, and #22 (with the time 6:14 printed on the picture). That might help you find pic #22. It's also in the last two pictures.

You might bring that up as baraning chip.

Peace.
Tom