PDA

View Full Version : Read This Before Using CARFAX

transio
03/20/2007, 10:21 AM
I found this out today, and thought I should pass on the info.

CARFAX says that it uses a nationwide database to prepare CARFAX avehicle history reports. Don't be fooled The word "nationwide" does not mean that it has history from the whole nation.

Their database does not include any police accident information from NEARLY HALF of the states in the US.

In my case, an issue resulting from this misinformation resulted in an unnecessary expense of over $500.

Think about it before trusting the info you get from CARFAX!

PHO2GR4
03/20/2007, 01:04 PM
The "Carfax Guarantee" didn't help out on the $500 expenditure?

That sucks...

transio
03/20/2007, 03:43 PM
Guarantee my ***... in my case, I used their $100 inspection service, in which they propose to send an expert to check out the car you wanna buy. The car I was looking at was in Houston, the expert's report showed no major problems. I flew out there. It was a POS. It didn't even drive a half mile before stalling and sputtering.

Ascinder
03/21/2007, 11:56 AM
My boss was looking at getting a new car and therefore selling his old one. I still had my CARFAX active from when I bought the VX, so I let him use it. He had had services done over the years, including repair services when he had been hit, and NONE of it showed up. CARFAX is a joke. It kills me too, because so many places like edmunds.com and kelly blue book, etc recommend having a history report done when buying a new vehicle. What a croc of $#!t.

JAFO
03/21/2007, 03:21 PM
...so many places like edmunds.com and kelly blue book, etc recommend having a history report done when buying a new vehicle...
They probably get a kick back for the number of people that click the advertisement on their website.