PDA

View Full Version : Question about some fog lights...

djkymar
03/19/2007, 01:36 PM
Hi gang!
It mightl be stupid question but i dont know answer so im asking you guys. I wanna put some fog lights and on picture below diagram of how to wire them, the question is they come with some LED switch and i dont wanna use it i want to put regular 2 in switch.On top right corner it said RED wire to parking\headlight (+) BLACK to ground and WHITE to that switch so can i cut out that hardness and hook it up to my regular 2 pin switch? Problem is my switch has 2 pins and i have 3 wires where am i connecting them and do i need all of them?
Thanks
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/pilot.jpg

etlsport
03/19/2007, 03:49 PM
vlad, one of the wires is a ground for the LED on the switch it came with, since your switch only has two pins, im guessing it doesnt have a light? if there no light on your new switch you shouldnt need the ground wire (black i think from your wiring diagram) that goes to the switch i dont this for certain, but its a good guess

djkymar
03/19/2007, 05:36 PM
Eric, white wire that come out from relay and going to switch could be like positive or am i thinking wrong way?

etlsport
03/19/2007, 05:44 PM
you want the red wire connected to the "positive" on the switch becuase thats where your signal is going to come from, then the white wire coming from the switch will provide the signal to your relay when you have your switch turned on... hope thats what youre asking

basically think of your red wire from the headlights and the white wire between the switch and the relay as one wire that gets spliced by your switch

djkymar
03/19/2007, 07:35 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking because the black\ground wire needs for that LED switch to work but since im not going to use it then i dont even need that wire. Im going to try it tomorrow hope nothing will blow lol

djkymar
03/20/2007, 07:17 PM
it all worked out thanks eric