PDA

View Full Version : Locals impressed

SPAZZ
05/11/2003, 01:57 AM
Well I headed out on friday to meet Swordy(Andy) and BumbleV-X(Deby) to work on my Ironman. After lifting, slapping on new wheels, flipping the ball joints, and an alignment(thanks to Andy I got one at all) I hit the highway and headed out to Colorado. Along the way I couldn't help it, I turned off on one of those ranch roads in the middle of nowhere and headed out on some snow covered mudded out road up the side of a hill. I started to appreciate what we had done. So, I figure just a quick sprint up this road and down(slid all the way) but, the SSR's seemed to grip in and keep control. So, off I went down the highway kicking dirt all the while.
Upon arriving in Colorado( I drove all night long) I stayed awake to hang out with my family here then crashed out. Woke up late afternoon and went out. I cruised the strip, but it was boring so I decided to go to the old stomping ground where all the locals go offroading to their partying spots. I cruise by 4 different groups and they all were just staring and saying "What's the heck is that?" and "whooah", etc... So, I pas em up and head up the "Book Cliffs" that look like dirt dunes. I started out by going directly to the bottom of some pretty steep climbs. Everyone else usually gets a running start or a good lunge to get up....not in the vehicross, I just stopped right at the botton, popped it in 4 low & 2nd gear and slowly started to crawl up. No problem. I could hear comments already below, crested the top and was off to find steeper up/down climbs.
Found a whole bunch and just let everyone below witness the feets of this "weird,/awkward/probably incapable" looking vehicle that people stereo type it. Upon playing around up and down the Book Cliffs for about an hour, the mud packed so high that my tires just skimmed the surface and needed a good washing.
I headed out and as I was passing a big group of people shouted and began to yell for me to come over and tell them what the heck it was. SO, I pull on over and chat with everyone and join their party conversation with the vehicross the topic. Made some friends, took a few of em out for a taste of it's abilities, drank with em then headed out to wash the mud off.
They were all quite impressed and even commented how their "Rigged Out" trucks couldn't have the control and capability of the Vehicross and they would rather have a Vehicross. ;Dp;
I said thank you very much, said goodbyes and went off to that carwash with a big grin on my face.
So, now brings me to say Thank You Andy for making my life more enjoyable and the hard work with my basically new toy!!!
I hope all of you enjoy this post & were not bored or annoyed with my story and hats off to Andy?

Joe_Black
05/11/2003, 07:22 AM
Excellent! Spreadin' the word to the heathen non-believers! LOL!