PDA

View Full Version : 99 VX with 101,000 Miles

EP
03/16/2007, 04:37 PM
Curious if you guys think $7000 is too much to pay for a VX with 101,000 miles? I have seen some photos and it looks good. Going to have a looksee tomorrow. That is roughly 13,000 miles per year, which isn't too bad.

What should I look for in general? Anyone thing that has been a consistent problem?

EP

Corrosive
03/17/2007, 11:38 AM
Sounds like a good price to me. Check to see if the windows work decently, thats something that almost never works. As far as mechanically, see if its eating any oil. Run a search on the forum to find more gremlin type problems.
-Mike

Tone
03/17/2007, 02:19 PM
I'd definitely want to see service records and a CarFax report and have a mechanic check it out too. Timing belt is past due (almost time for the second change), valve adjust, I'd want to see several tranny, tod and dif changes in that length of time. Even then, 7 sounds a little high for that age and mileage and where is has been operated. He couldn't get more than about 3 using as a trade in.

CoastieCosta567
03/17/2007, 02:22 PM
hey thats an awsome deal as long as everything is running good. i Just bought mine with 115,000 miles ironman for $8,000, so u are getting a better deal. My windows didn't work only half way, but i bought the silcon spray, sprayed the seals and now works perfect, all u need is to maintane it and everything will work right. cheak for any leaks under the car, around the engine block and around the oil filter. see when the tranny fluids where changed and oil as well. take a test drive offroad somewhere with alot of bumps to make sure ur Tod system is working good and thats I think about it, all the advise i can give you, cuz i need to buy to rear sensors and they hurt my pocket, so just make sure u get a good 1 and make sure u don't see to much rust. well hope everything goes well, keep us posted. later bro.

-CoastieCosta.