PDA

View Full Version : 4 comments in one 24 hour time span...

nfpgasmask
03/16/2007, 04:18 PM
So, my current record to date is 4 comments on my VX within 24 hours:

1) At the car wash, the guy behind me got out of his 2007 Rubicon to check out the VX. He walked around it like 3 times and was stunned...

2) An older guy outside the doggie doctor's office approached me and inquired about it, he said, "Is that some sort of Suzuki?" I chuckled and gave him the history...

3) In front of the post office, a guy walked by as I was getting out and said, "I like the look of that, its sharp!"

4) And then finally, a younger kid stopped his van next to me at a light and said, "Man, what is that?" I replied, and he exclaimed, "That's fcukin bad@ss!"

So, can anyone beat my record for the most comments in a 24 hour time period?

:) Bart

PS - Being debadged is SO much fun...

etlsport
03/16/2007, 04:54 PM
haha nice i love getting comments.. i have gotten many more than 4 comments in one day... but i cheated, my VX was in a car show haha.. but the other day i was driving from MD back up to Philly and i stopped for gas, went inside to get somethin to drink.. when i came back there was a conversion van parked at the pump next to where the VX was and there were at least 4 35-40 year old men with their faces pressed against the windows looking at the vx

CrnCnn
03/16/2007, 05:04 PM
nah, I dont get comments on mine. :confused:

creeg
03/16/2007, 06:22 PM
Sorry to say that the VX kind of blends in here in Los Angeles. All the Maseratis, Bentleys, Lamborghinis etc. kind of oversaturate the area.

Plus, everyone here is acting too cool to come up and ask about a sweet *** vehicle like the VX.

Anita
03/16/2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry to say that the VX kind of blends in here in Los Angeles. All the Maseratis, Bentleys, Lamborghinis etc. kind of oversaturate the area.

Plus, everyone here is acting too cool to come up and ask about a sweet *** vehicle like the VX.

That is very true. But.... how they stare when they think you arent looking... ;)

ZEUS
03/16/2007, 09:51 PM
Comments directly to me... no, I haven't beat that except at the 'Zoo. But in traffic... I am getting pretty good at reading lips! :) Coming out of Home Depot the other day I caught a guy getting out of his Benz parked next to me and checking out the sensuous VX lines whilst searching all over for any kind of badge. Then something spooked him cuz when he heard my VX chirp, he looked up at me, saw my grin, and then took off... :cool: The Isuzu VehiCROSS - it's a threatening status symbol to the rich and phony.

dave3702
03/17/2007, 09:32 AM
I've gotten 2 or 3 comments in one day that I remember. One at the local auto parts store, the young girl looking up a pcv valve for me was all excited, said she was a VehiCross fan since before they were imported. She told me she had seen them in magazines and followed their development into a production vehicle. So I thought I'd test her to find out how much of a car girl she really is. I asked her if she knows what an Amphicar is (another toy in the garage). She asked me to repeat the name, and when I did, she told me it was a German amphibious car from the 60's. Wow! I wondered if she likes older guys, I think I'd marry her!
Also pertaining to comments, my daughter loves driving the VX for all the attention it draws and heads it turns.

Ldub
03/17/2007, 09:50 AM
My Mother is getting married today...at 83 years old.
Last night at the traditional grooms dinner at Mom's house, I had the pleasure of meeting all of my soon to be step brothers & sisters.
After all the hi, how are ya, nice to meetcha, bla, bla, bla & a couple glasses of wine...one of the guys asked "who belongs to that mud buggy out there?"

I hope Mom didn't feel like my truck was stealing her thunder, but the house nearly emptied of all the men folk & a couple of the women. :cool:

So yeah, I've got four beat, but I think family gatherings make a high "comment count" a little too easy. ;)

nfpgasmask
03/20/2007, 08:32 PM
Walking out of the office building where my account lives, we pass by a guy coming in as we were going out. As I walk up to the VX, I see him come back out. He stops to ask me what it is, "Wow, what is that? I just walked around it 3 times!" I told him. Then, he went on for a few more minutes about how cool he thought it was, and finished up, "you better hang on to that one, that's really somthin!"

:)

Then, we go to eat at this place. I park in front and sit down where I can see the VX through the window. A few minutes later, I see a middle aged couple walking by the truck. The man stops and looks, then walks all the way around the VX, bends down to look at the VX emblem, then walks around to the drivers side door and peers in...clearly trying to figure out what it is. The woman seems to call out to him to "lets go". He walks away looking back several times. Me and my wife just sit there chuckling...

:) :)

Bart

TexVeX
05/20/2007, 02:38 PM
When I showed mine to my son at his karate school everybody we wanted to see it was impressed. But the best comments came from two of my sons teenage friends. One clasmate of his who is a casual friend and we weren't specifically showing it to him, came out and said "whatever that is - its COOL!" . My son's closest karate buddy who drives an original full size Bronco, said "That is a amazing. I want one." The instructor and two other adult really liked it too.

But as far as random comments when riding around, so far in a week of ownership, I have mostly only gotten rubber necking from a lot of people. Mostly people in other small SUV's or SUV-like wagons. But some from guys in old beat up farm pickups, and I know they aren't looking at me anymore, except when I deliberately dress up to show off myself. :)

Techy-D
05/20/2007, 05:22 PM
...some from guys in old beat up farm pickups, and I know they aren't looking at me anymore, except when I deliberately dress up to show off myself. :)
;eeko; Sounds good to me... Wait, what good does it do me, I'm up here in oregon. :rolleyes:

tom4bren
05/21/2007, 06:14 AM
On our recent trip to Chincoteaque Island we got nonstop comment. One guy even chased us down to find out what it was.

If you want comments, go to a vacation or resort area. Everyone is more laid back and willing to talk rather than just rubberneck.

BTW on our 3 day trip we had 26 people stop and talk to us about our rig (Yeah I counted). We probably pissed off the Chincoteaque ponies though - everyone was looking at the VX rather than at them.

VCrossfan
05/21/2007, 06:42 AM
My daughter and I just sat down in Applebee's (With a window seat to the VX, comeon you all do it,lol) and noticed a Teenager prowling around the VX with a confused questionable smile on his face. Next he brought out his "I suspect" girlfriend she had the same look (I'm loving it at this point) they left to go back inside, 15 min later my waitress told me that there waitress say's the VX is the talk of her area. Done with our meal I went to the men's room and my daughter was waiting for me outside the restroom door and told me to look outside, I could not see the VX, it had a wall of people around it. Seems that a big family met for Mothers day and they were saying there goodbye's and had to see what the teenagers where talking about. I love this Ride ! !

TexVeX
05/21/2007, 06:46 AM
I was wondering. Do you have to debadge to get all these people hanging around asking about the vehicle? Does the Isuzu name really make people say or or think "Oh big deal" once they see it?

etlsport
05/21/2007, 07:00 AM
i havent noticed a huge increase in comments/stares since removing the rear isuzu logo (my grille says CROSS instead of ISUZU too) but when i do get comments people seem more excited about it since debadging.. my inspiration came to debadge when a family stared as i pulled into a parking lot, as i walked in the mom runs me down to ask about it and the husband comes up a minute later as im telling her about it and says dont worry hunny, "its just an isuzu"

to those who appreciate cars, isuzu wont make any difference to them.. we just had a meet at a car show and one of the guys there was so stunned that we "already had a group put together" we were confused as to why he said already had a group.. and then he clarified that our VXs must have just come out a month or two ago (good job cleaning them up guys!) he got even more excited when we told him they were just ultra rare 8 year old cars

TexVeX
05/21/2007, 07:11 AM
I'm thinking of getting mine painted a non-stock color. Not soon, but maybe this year. I never had a car painted before. Will they have to remove any of the badges to do it? Maybe I won't have them put back on if they do. The comments really are fun unless you are in a hurry to go.

tom4bren
05/21/2007, 11:56 AM
I was thinking of putting SeaDoo logos on mine just to see what comments I get. I need to replace the graphics on one of my PWCs anyway, maybe I'll order an extra set.