PDA

View Full Version : I miss my VX already!

nfpgasmask
03/16/2007, 04:10 PM
So I flew to Seattle this morning and I am driving around a rental. Its like a Buick sedan of some kind. I feel like I am in a boat. I can't even hear the engine!!

Its been a long time since I have driven a non-truck vehicle. And this car is supposed to be luxury I guess, I can get up to 80 and it feels like nothing...in the VX you really feel the speed and the road!

Anyway, I miss my VX :(

Bart

PS - Seattle is really pretty, but man, you guys got bad traffic here, eh?

PHO2GR4
03/16/2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, we got the bad traffic BECAUSE it is so pretty here. I mean, back in 1990 this place was paradise!

There's no way I could afford my own house if I had to buy it again today. Real estate prices are sky-high.

But people keep moving here, for some reason.

One reason traffic is so bad is that we are almost completely surrounded by water. There are no more places to put roads. So every time 100,000 more people move into the metro area, that puts 100,000 more people on the same old, tiny roads.

At any rate...for bettter or for worse...the rest of the world can thank us for Microsoft and Starbucks!

nfpgasmask
03/16/2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah, the same thing has happened to Chicago...the antiquated infrastructure there can just not keep up with the population growth. Reno is growing by leaps and bounds too, but thankfully for Reno, there is still a lot of space for the city to sprawl, not that I want it to, but at least I don't think it will be busting at the seems for another 7-10 years. Otherwise, Seattle seems pretty cool. I would never want to live in a city this big again, but it is very pretty so far, and I haven't even scratched the surface.

Bart

Yeah, we got the bad traffic BECAUSE it is so pretty here. I mean, back in 1990 this place was paradise!

There's no way I could afford my own house if I had to buy it again today. Real estate prices are sky-high.

But people keep moving here, for some reason.

One reason traffic is so bad is that we are almost completely surrounded by water. There are no more places to put roads. So every time 100,000 more people move into the metro area, that puts 100,000 more people on the same old, tiny roads.

At any rate...for bettter or for worse...the rest of the world can thank us for Microsoft and Starbucks!

cyronman
03/16/2007, 04:46 PM
Bart-
check this place out, on 1st Ave...they might have something you like.

Federal Army & Navy Surplus Inc

Neighborhood: Belltown
2112 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

(206) 443-1818

http://images.yelp.com/bphoto/dXMwxagkfYTSjAeYW43bKQ/l
Have fun, I miss that city.

nfpgasmask
03/16/2007, 04:49 PM
Sweet! Thanks! I will try to get there tommorrow. I went to Uwajimaya for lunch. Nothing like fresh sushi and mochi for lunch, topped off with some weird Japanese soft drink and candy! I love it!

Reno is devoid of this type of stuff unfortunately...

Bart

Bart-

2112 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

(206) 443-1818

ISCE
03/18/2007, 03:12 PM
Talk about missing your VX: I just got home from a LONG work trip. First to New Orleans for over a week for a conference. Then home for a short weekend with the family, and then to Chennai India. Was there for a little over a week. Then to Budapest Hungary for a week. Finally back to Baltimore. Not surprisingly for a month of travel, not a single other VX anywhere. I am sure there must be some in New Orleans, but my guess is none in India and Hungary.

Budapest was awesome and I will volunteer to go back anytime. India was fine, didn't have any problems and their TATA vehicles actually weren't too bad. Driving there is ONLY done by the pros, and it's amazing actually. Their driving skills are WAY beyond most drivers here.

Best thing though is the BIG smile when arriving at the parking for the airport and the VX is ready to go. I was gone a month and can say being home again driving the VX is: PRICELESS

nfpgasmask
03/20/2007, 08:37 AM
Hey, I found this store and spent 80 bucks. Thanks for the tips. It was a little expensive, but they had a nice selection of stuff...

Bart

Bart-

2112 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

(206) 443-1818

Choonks
03/20/2007, 10:13 AM
So I flew to Seattle this morning and I am driving around a rental. Its like a Buick sedan of some kind.

Ok Bart...i just got one question...was it black??? :smilewink

nfpgasmask
03/20/2007, 02:55 PM
Haha, yeah, actually it was...

A Black Buick LaCrosse. But it sucked, lemmi just tell ya...

Here is a pic of it. That's "Ol' Whitehead" (my dad) walking back to it. :)

http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/buick.jpg

Bart

Ok Bart...i just got one question...was it black??? :smilewink

cyronman
03/20/2007, 03:00 PM
Hey, I found this store and spent 80 bucks. Thanks for the tips. It was a little expensive, but they had a nice selection of stuff...
Bart

no prob

PHO2GR4
03/20/2007, 07:43 PM
Here is a pic of it. That's "Ol' Whitehead" (my dad) walking back to it. :)
Bart

You're Phil Donahue's SON? Dude, you're famous!

How'd you like our Seattle weather?

nfpgasmask
03/20/2007, 08:23 PM
Personally, the weather is not for me. I like cold, but the rain you can keep. I would rather it snow. Rain is just annoying. The woods surrounding Seattle are spectacular however...

http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/sea/sea18.jpg

Bart

You're Phil Donahue's SON? Dude, you're famous!

How'd you like our Seattle weather?