PDA

View Full Version : Vehicross Reserved Parking Sign

k4tmc
03/15/2007, 07:16 PM
Has anyone gotten one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ISUZU-VEHICROSS-Parking-Sign-Car-Show-Sign-Garage-S_W0QQitemZ250094689406QQcategoryZ14048QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Henry

mdwyer
03/15/2007, 07:45 PM
It looks like something that was spewed out of somebody's laser printer, if you ask me...

Oh, and by the way, 73's! de N0ZAP!

k4tmc
03/16/2007, 06:16 PM
Wow! another ham on the forum - great. And a Proton owner! :cool:

The sign auction does say it is on aluminum versus cardboard or paper. Anyhow, I may get one just to put in the garage, to keep the XYL from parking there. :)

Henry - K4TMC

mdwyer
03/18/2007, 11:10 PM
I couldn't do that. I only have a single-car garage, and I have to share it with the Subaru. I can't have the Subaru angry at me. That just won't do.

There's always the good old internet sign generator! Here (http://www.signgenerator.net/?allow=496&text=FREE+PARKING%0D%0A++FOR+VX%0D%0A+AND+SUBARU%0 D%0A++ONLY&font=SignBold&color=black&fontsize=8&move2=112&move=100&rot=-.6&pic=Parking-Lot&height=&width=&offx=5&offy=5&spacing=10.8&gradient=&tag=&bubble=&bubH=&bubW=&watermark=&background=&border=&picURL=&shade=&shadecolor=darkgray)

BTW, have you done any antenna mounting, yet? I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead a drill in an NMO mount an inch forward of the dome light. Any further back and I run into roof ridges. And farther forward, and I don't think I can get the cable run, let alone I start losing groundplane. Fortunatly, I'm pretty much limited to 2m/70cm, so the antennas are manageable. I've selected a little Diamond antenna (NR72BNMO, I think) that is short enough to hang out on top all the time.

k4tmc
03/19/2007, 06:38 PM
I have not mounted any antennas on the VX. I currently do not operate any mobile equipment, only do HF contests from the home several weekends per year.

If I did try to mount an antenna, I would first consider one of those capacitor-coupled units that stick on the window glass. That way there would be no need to drill any holes.

Henry