PDA

View Full Version : VX "Rattles" & "Squeaks" over time

tysamigo
03/08/2007, 08:22 PM
I have had an Isuzu Amigo since 1998 and have used it for off road use many many times over the years. The amigo (which I will still keep in addition to the new VX) has a lot of "rattles" when I drive it on the road. I guess this is due to the bumpy ride it's been through over the years. I wanted to know from VX owners who have driven the truck both on road and off, do these develop "rattles" and "squeaks" over time?

PHO2GR4
03/08/2007, 08:59 PM
I installed OME 913 springs, Rancho 9000 shocks and Energy Suspension greaseable poly bushings...and now I have a smooth ride and NO SQUEAKS.

This is my second VX, and I know that the VX can have a stiff, squeaky ride. I'm amazed at how quiet mine is now.

JHarris1385
03/08/2007, 09:19 PM
The bushings are where its at. $30 if I remember correctly.

djkymar
03/09/2007, 08:13 PM
i installed those bushings and i still got squeaks sometimes and i did put grease so now im trying figure out what else can be and i also got rattles under at 2500-3000 RPM`s but its my heat shields on my exaust so no worrys.
just my 2 cents

WormGod
03/12/2007, 07:35 AM
95% of my noises comes from my squeaky back seat. The other 5% is me complaining out loud about it.

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/14/2007, 06:31 PM
funny you mention this...Mine has always been rattle & squeak free since day one. We just had a record high warm-up a couple days ago and after work I wanted to take the VX out for a joy-ride. I had some mud in the tires and I couldn't believe how just a little imbalance made my dash rattle and my radar detector was shaking mounted to the windshield and my tools (kept in my spare) were rattling when they are always quiet. After some road-time everything smoothed out to normal...but only after I held my breath hoping that's all it was...lol.

WormGod
03/15/2007, 07:36 AM
Ya know, having been in a VX since 2000, the noises are still far from how bad it is in my WRX. WOW! Night and day. Actually, it seems like all Impreza (WRX) and Lancer (EVO) models come "standard" with noises as a feature. And they only get worse as they age (and as you mod the hell out of them). When I take the VX out on weekends, it's a pleasant drive not having all the creaks, rattles, and body moans. :p