PDA

View Full Version : mirror heater switch

rowhard
03/03/2007, 09:18 AM
Awhile back, I read here that someone had moved the mirror heater switch from the center console to the dash. If your reading this, was there enough wire in the loom or did you cut and splice?

etlsport
03/03/2007, 10:40 AM
theres a connector under the e-brake that lets you disconnect the mirror heater and mirror adjuster, so theres only actually like a foot of wire there, i had to cut and splice, not too hard a job... i think its 5 wires

rowhard
03/03/2007, 10:45 AM
yea, 10-4, been apart before, just didn't know if the loom came down from the firewall. Splicing is no problem. Do you remember what gauge off hand just so I can have it on hand

etlsport
03/03/2007, 10:55 AM
i used 18ga speaker wire, that way i only had to run 3 (2-1/2) wires.. my advice would be get inline connectors... i have strange angles in my wires because i used connectors like wire nuts that you crimp (dont know what theyre called but you use them for head units) anyway it makes it a little more difficult to get the wire in place.. all in all its a fairly easy process

id also reccomend installing quick disconnect connectors for your alarm LED while youre in there.. makes takin the dash off easier now and in the future