PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise

TimG
05/09/2003, 10:01 AM
I just installed my lift last weekend. Recently my vx has developed a strange noise. It's kind of a grinding sound. It almost sounds like I'm dragging something on the pavement, but I'm not. The sound only happens when I am at speed (40-70) and I take my foot completely off the gas peddle. If I just slow down while still giving it a little bit of gas the noise doesn't occur.
At first it was pretty quite and I just figured it was a rattle from the new skid plate, but it is definitely much louder now. Any of you guys that installed lifts encountered a similar problem?
Anyone have any idea what it could be?
I don't want to take it to the dealer since I'm leaving town for Moab today and it wouldn't be covered under warranty if it is caused by the lift, but if it is a part that is about to go out, I could pick up a spare of one of those parts and take it with me in case it goes out.

Edit:
The sound is coming from the rear of the vehicle.

Narsus
08/30/2005, 01:54 PM
I don't have a lift on my VX, but I had a similar issue at lower speeds (20-30 mph). Turns out it was the air level on the tires. More than likely, yours is a different problem, but I was amazed at how much sound the the PSI inequality would generate.

May be worth a shot, anyway.

Narsus
08/30/2005, 01:58 PM
Haha, just realized this post is from 2003. I wonder if he still has the noise :)

*accidental bump*