PDA

View Full Version : Temp gauge issue?

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
03/01/2007, 08:06 AM
I have noticed that my temp gauge goes up rapidly to about mid point within about 3 or 4 min after starting my VX and driving it. I have plenty of coolant in the radiator and no leaks to speak of . It does not overheat or go beyond the midpoint between hot and cold but the initial move to midpoint is more rapid than in any other car I have had...Is this normal with VXs?

Ldub
03/01/2007, 08:18 AM
Have your previous rides had aluminium engines?...just a possibility. ;)

etlsport
03/01/2007, 08:21 AM
ive got a scangauge so i use that to keep tabs on my temp. but i have noticed that my temp gauge needle doesnt even budge til the scangauge reads almost 125º then by 160º its all the way in the position it typically stays at then my actual temp while driving is around 175-190 depending on conditions.. anyway point is dont be too concerned about how quickly it moves unless it goes significantly farther than normal, if youre concerned about it not being accurate and your vx overheating, id suggest buying a scangauge II from tone or another diagnositcs computer you can get real-time readouts from, or maybe just borrow one if you dont want to spend the money on your own