PDA

View Full Version : Finally some snizow!

nfpgasmask
02/26/2007, 09:38 PM
ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!!!
http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/Image1.jpg

MY BACK PORCH:

This is from a few months ago:
http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/nosnow.jpg

This is from when I got home from work:
http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/snow.jpg

This is from an hour or so ago:
http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/moresnow.jpg

I just took the little pooch out and its over her head.

The VX is gonna have some serious fun tomorrow. I think I shall whip out the dash cam...

Bart

http://www.nofuture.com/dailys/bw.jpg

Knigh7s
02/26/2007, 10:37 PM
Have fun! Drive Safe!!

Send some of that down this way!!

alanbradley
02/27/2007, 04:53 AM
Lucky you, just about everywhere else in Scotland seems to have snow right now but here! Rain, rain and more blooming rain... :(

A

cyronman
02/27/2007, 07:14 AM
Bart,
look what snow does to all that black!
Do you feel like you're driving an Ironman now?

nfpgasmask
02/27/2007, 08:26 AM
I love it. I think I am the only one in my neighborhood who DIDN'T shovel their driveway! There is like a 2 foot drift on my driveway and at least 15" of powder up by where I live. I just got to work. The VX performed outstanding. No slipping today at all. I think that last snow we got had a giant sheet of ice under it, contributing to the extra slick roads. But today, I was blasting past all sorts of squeamish people!

I have some video too. I will try to get a few donuts in on my lunch break...

:_snowplow

Bart

Ascinder
02/27/2007, 12:04 PM
ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!!!!

Amen to that!!! :jump: Do you or CrnCnn ski or board? I've been hoping for some snow since forever, and lucky me, I have all week off and a free unlimited pass to Squaw Valley :cool!:

Triathlete
02/27/2007, 12:30 PM
I have some video too. I will try to get a few donuts in on my lunch break...

:_snowplow

Bart

Mmmmmm! Dounuts! :homer:

nfpgasmask
02/27/2007, 12:51 PM
Man, lucky duck. I don't board....yet! I really want to, its just one of many hobbies I need to get some money together for. I was thinking of driving up to Mt. Rose early this weekend and see about renting a setup for the day just to try it out. Do you know a good place to rent gear?

Bart

Amen to that!!! :jump: Do you or CrnCnn ski or board? I've been hoping for some snow since forever, and lucky me, I have all week off and a free unlimited pass to Squaw Valley :cool!:

Ascinder
02/27/2007, 02:27 PM
I don't know anywhere that gives great prices on renting gear. I did it the full bore, all out method and bought all my gear and a season pass and went for it, like it or not. I have heard that if you rent the gear down here it is cheaper than at the slopes. I would bring a pad of some kind for falling on your @$$ because if you've never boarded, then that's what you'll be doing most of the day. Also, I know it sounds like B.S., but don't be afraid to go on the steeper slopes. I'm totally serious about this. You wouldn't think so, but because of the greater angle, the distance you fall to the ground is less, and it is a lot better to fall with momentum, than to fall from a dead stop. Also, going on something steep enough to keep you moving helps you stay up. Think of it like riding a bike. It's a lot harder to stay up while not moving. Good luck, I hope you like it!!

CrnCnn
02/27/2007, 03:08 PM
I dont like the snow. I grew up in Tucson and cant wait to go back and thaw out.

Chopper
02/27/2007, 03:21 PM
I would be so upset,to wake up, and see that in my backyard. All my plants would be dead :eek: :eek: :( :mad: . I would however, love to drive in snow again, for like, a day. Clean mud!!!!

nfpgasmask
02/27/2007, 03:22 PM
No way man! That 115 in the shade is for the rattlers, not me! Of all the places I have been in the US, I think Reno has some of the nicest weather, for me anyhow...

:) Bart

I dont like the snow. I grew up in Tucson and cant wait to go back and thaw out.

CrnCnn
02/27/2007, 06:32 PM
No way man! That 115 in the shade is for the rattlers, not me! Of all the places I have been in the US, I think Reno has some of the nicest weather, for me anyhow...

Dont get me wrong, I love the summers here. All in all I would probly stay here if I didnt have family and freinds in Tucson. Winter isnt that bad and I dont mind driving in the snow now that I have the VX.

WHEN IT ISNT BROKEN

Triathlete
02/28/2007, 08:04 AM
115 in the shade

Thats my name on the triathlon (Slowtwitch.com) boards!

nfpgasmask
02/28/2007, 10:03 AM
Any updates on that mess? I would be HELLA pissed if this happened to me, espeicially since my VX is it....save for my TREK....

Bart

Dont get me wrong, I love the summers here. All in all I would probly stay here if I didnt have family and freinds in Tucson. Winter isnt that bad and I dont mind driving in the snow now that I have the VX.

WHEN IT ISNT BROKEN

nfpgasmask
02/28/2007, 10:05 AM
YOU: Pre-heat oven to 115, insert head and bake until golden brown.

ME: Best served chilled.

Thats my name on the triathlon (Slowtwitch.com) boards!

CrnCnn
02/28/2007, 03:03 PM
Any updates on that mess? I would be HELLA pissed if this happened to me, espeicially since my VX is it....save for my TREK....

Bart

No, still waiting on the replacements. The manager is still trying to say that is is a "wear" part. All of you, myself and mechanics I know all say wear part my arse. I will take it off and put it on his desk and tell him to show me wear the threads "wear." If that part is a wear part then every single piece on a vehicle is a "wear" part. The ball joints could be considered a wear part but not the adjuster sleeve.

Ascinder
03/01/2007, 12:51 PM
There is always a manager above whichever manager you are dealing with. I would also call the other Les Schwabs in town and ask to speak to their managers and ask them if it is a wear part, then have them talk some sense into your "friend". I would also like to see where he found this in writing that it is considered a wear part. What BS.

Mark B
03/01/2007, 01:24 PM
Was just out in Reno/Lake Tahoe for Skiing. What Skiing, no snow. Temperatures in the 70's Now that I am back in warm and sunny Florida, you get the snow. Send some my way because I missed it this year.