PDA

View Full Version : Smoke out of my vents.

JHarris1385
02/26/2007, 05:20 PM
Well not in my VX but in my 99 Chrysler 300M. I only had the defrost on and all I saw was smoke coming out of those vents before I turned it off. I did notice that it only happened at 62 degrees or above. A very slight burn smell but not significant. The smoke was white and cloudy? The first time I noticed this is when I left the car idiling for about 5 mintues and as soon as I put in drive smoke came out only the vents. I opened my hood and there was no signs of smoke. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help in advance.

creeg
02/26/2007, 06:17 PM
Im no expert, but there may be some leaves or other debris in the vent. Does it smell more like plastic burning or wood burning? That would be the way to tell.

Just a suggestion.

Ldub
02/26/2007, 06:19 PM
heater core

JHarris1385
02/26/2007, 06:31 PM
F. I wrote that for my younger brother. Then got on dodgeintrepid.net and looked it up. (I used to have a de-badged trep all blacked out, in high school.) I read it was a possible heater core failure and the part is found at autozone for $60ish but the whole dash has to be taken off. I normally do all the car maintenence work for my family. So I will probably tackle it this weekend.

Has anyone done this before or would like to tell me not to try it, and send my brother to the dealer.

Just to let you all know, my old intrepid and his 300 both have serious window problems. All four of this and the passenger of mine all can out of track and you know the rest.....

Thanks.
JRH

MZ-N10
02/27/2007, 01:40 AM
ive taken teh heatercore out of a rx7 and it was a b*tch to do. took me a good day or 2 to get it out of there.

JHarris1385
02/27/2007, 09:41 AM
Thats what I wanted to hear.........

thedutchguy
02/27/2007, 09:48 AM
Just put up a non-smoking sign in your vx.(probably cheaper) ;Dy;