PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Aiming

cyberspun
02/25/2007, 08:34 AM
Hello,

I am new to the site and I am very impressed by the amount of information here on the site it is a great resource.

I just purchased an HID kit, installed it and I am now trying to Aim the Healights Down (seems to be bugging oncoming drivers) but not having much luck. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Bimati
02/25/2007, 08:39 AM
I posted a thread on this somewhere since I aimed mine down a couple of months ago.

On the back of each headlight bezel (under the hood), toward the radiator side, there is a 10mm black hex bolt (one on each headlight). Turning these bolts will aim the headlight up or down....very simple and quick. Don't forget to aim your headlights at the wall and make marks to give you a starting reference.

Bim

cyberspun
02/25/2007, 08:42 AM
Awesome! It is a crappy day here in KC I will go try it now.

Thanks!

rowhard
02/25/2007, 09:14 AM
cyberspun, I found the best time to aim lights is on a foggy night, then you can see where the beam is really going. Cover one light and aim the other.

CrnCnn
02/25/2007, 09:53 AM
so that HID kit works pretty nice?

Tone
02/25/2007, 10:42 AM
Make sure the kit utilizes a good glare shield and that there is a sharp cutoff at the top of the beam. Driver's side should be a bit lower that passenger side and most kits will have a peak on the right side of the beam to assist in street sign and edge of road visibility. Is your kit BiXenon (hi and low beam)? I'm preparing an HID order now if anyone else is interested.

Ascinder
02/25/2007, 02:45 PM
I recently installed some single beam HIDs which had some kind of metal shield on the bottom side of the lamp. I believe it is to reduce glare reflected from the bottom of the headlight mirror into drivers' eyes. I actually had to aim mine up considerably due to the lack of highbeam capability now. I did some trial runs with it "jousting" up and down the street with a friend to make sure it wasn't glaring anyone. I put it at what I would consider a "mid-beam" between high and low. I have been driving around for close to a month and have not been flashed by other drivers once. Visibility is astounding! These things allow me to see everywhere!! The metal shields also make an arc of shadow across the bottom of your headlamps. It looks very distinctive just like the VX!