PDA

View Full Version : Air bag light...

djkymar
02/22/2007, 07:52 PM
Hi gang!
Well got new problem a couple days ago my air bag light came on and it wont go away. I tryed restart computer but it still on :( any suggestions? before i go to dealer and pull a lot of money for diagnostics and stuff.
Thanks a lot.

IndianaVX
02/22/2007, 09:41 PM
i think there is a fluid resivour under the hood. might check the level on it. kinda like when the brake fluiid gets low, the brake light goes on.
check the level, its on the drivers side, in the middle of the engine compartment, about 3 in. round resivour.
any confermations guys???

etlsport
02/23/2007, 06:54 AM
i think there is a fluid resivour under the hood. might check the level on it. kinda like when the brake fluiid gets low, the brake light goes on.
check the level, its on the drivers side, in the middle of the engine compartment, about 3 in. round resivour.
any confermations guys???

i think thats the power steering?

Chopper
02/23/2007, 03:12 PM
There's no fluids of any kind involved in any SRS system. All electrics. Get the code read ( many auto parts stores do it free... I think AAMCO will do it gratis as well) get it serviced at once. Bags are no place to be learning,or poking around on your own. Taking them out and putting them in still make me a bit wary, and I've done it countless times. Wayne

IndianaVX
02/23/2007, 04:04 PM
:o :o :o :o Wow, what was i thinking????? for some reason, dont ask me why, but i thought there was a fluid resevour. and i knew that was crazy, because in every other car ive had there wasnt one, sorry people, call me a fool, take the title from bart, and give it to me....im an idiot!!!!
while poking around, i just thought i saw airbag on the resivour....oh well, count that as my something i learned today!!:rolleyes:

HotFlyer
02/23/2007, 08:18 PM
There is a ribbon wire connection between the steering wheel and the steering column called a clockspring. This bridges power to the airbag & horn. It has been known to break. Have this checked. Does your horn work?

Howard (0761)

djkymar
02/23/2007, 08:25 PM
There is a ribbon wire connection between the steering wheel and the steering column called a clockspring. This bridges power to the airbag & horn. It has been known to break. Have this checked. Does your horn work?

Howard (0761)
i did not check that but my horn works perfect.
Sometimes when i start car light goes off and then next time i start car its back on and it stays. Well tomorrow im going to Autozone and will try get it checked for code.

Chopper
02/24/2007, 06:41 AM

Howard (0761)
Yeah, especially when a knuckle head kid named Melvin, spins the wheel, on a frame swap, before the column is reconnected. No, he didn't get fired. Sorry,sore spot :p

djkymar
02/25/2007, 06:35 PM
well i went to autozone today and find out that they can not do check air bag light =( so im gonna try pep boys this week and see if they does stuff like that

Thejerseyfish
02/26/2007, 01:05 AM
Sounds like they were being just a bunch of lazy bastardos. Can't check the code for air bag light? Come on. If the light comes on then theres gotta be some code for it in the computer, all they have to do is hook up the electronics and see what codes are stored. Beiing a cop I've done my fair share of B'sing to sh*t can a job, and, well, I smell something stinky. lol.

djkymar
02/26/2007, 07:22 AM
Sounds like they were being just a bunch of lazy bastardos. Can't check the code for air bag light? Come on. If the light comes on then theres gotta be some code for it in the computer, all they have to do is hook up the electronics and see what codes are stored. Beiing a cop I've done my fair share of B'sing to sh*t can a job, and, well, I smell something stinky. lol.
lol well they said they can hook up computer only if its check engine light and i got scangauge so i can read check engine light by myself but i need air bag code :(